Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yyeeess! I second that!! I’d definitely subscribe!!
Don't want to derail the thread. I enjoy streaming on fb because ther chat features just flows better and for whatever reason, my phone works best on fb. Have you guys tried watching even without an account? I thought i opened it up for everyone to watch even without an account.

Don't want to derail the thread. I enjoy streaming on fb because ther chat features just flows better and for whatever reason, my phone works best on fb. Have you guys tried watching even without an account? I thought i opened it up for everyone to watch even without an account.

I tried twice the last time you said you were streaming and I was not able to open it. I’ll definitely try again the next time you stream.

I'm not there, so it would be hard to find another picture. I'm sure we will see many more like this in a few days.

But you found and had an opinion of the 1, singular picture...and you weren’t there. So that doesn’t make sense

You sound like a real Disney fan with that second sentence, almost as if you can’t wait to see “many more” in the next few days

But you found and had an opinion of the 1, singular picture...and you weren’t there. So that doesn’t make sense

You sound like a real Disney fan with that second sentence, almost as if you can’t wait to see “many more” in the next few days
I wi definitely make a point if I see pictures like that, especially when they open. It makes zero sense with Disney trying to implement things to make guests safe if they dont follow through. It makes an appearance that the CM cant even follow directions.

@rteetz

you hearing anything on whats being posted on the other board, from the guy who "supposedly" has inside info saying:

"Disney's purchase orders suggest they believe they will not stay open permanently. I'll try to post more if I'm allowed later this week. "
This makes sense. Reduced capacity, reduced menu offerings, reduced shopping/dining locations, the orders wouldn't need to be as large. Also, even though I'm sure Disney hopes to stay open (and I hope it does!) it makes sense to not place needlessly enormous orders in iffy times. Supply chain disruption may have also changed what is available to order which could make the numbers appear skewed.

This is one of the greatest things I have ever seen in my life.

I wi definitely make a point if I see pictures like that, especially when they open. It makes zero sense with Disney trying to implement things to make guests safe if they dont follow through. It makes an appearance that the CM cant even follow directions.

So you’re willing to criticize on the 1% bad, but unwilling to praise them for the 99% good?

Please note that you can make reservations for dining inside a park even though you don't have a park reservation. But you will need a park reservation to enter the park to actually use it.
The quote is from another thread, but I was shocked by that and wondering if it’s news or rumor? There is no check for a Park rez when making an in-park ADR? :confused3

D8B2247B-1D6E-4183-8CCA-D5A8834CA774.jpeg

This is what I get when I try. I totally understand why you prefer streaming on there. Just figured I’d toss out the possibility of YouTube streams, I’d love to check out some of your content.

It's a static picture taken at a very precise moment in time. We have no idea what transpired immediately after this picture was taken. Did a CM working the ride come out and remind people to social distance? Did the line move and the group disperse? Did someone in the group realize what they were doing and began to create more room? At what point do guests take personal responsibility and social distance themselves? If I had been at the entrance at that point in time, I would have simply removed myself and my family from the situation. This is, literally, the only photo that seems to have appeared on the internet that points to anyone not following rules today. Countless videos and photos suggest this is not the norm at all. There are not CMs policing every area of every line.

Just got home from a full day. I was the first car in the parking lot this morning (after being told to circle the speedway twice) and I think on the first monorail. Several people passed me on the way to security so I’m not 100% sure.

We did every ride other than Jungle Cruise and the Mark Twain. We did Mine train and the mountains twice each and Space 4 times. I’m not sure why Space was a walk-on all day but BTMR and Splash had 30-50 posted waits after noon. Maybe BTMR was the recipient of Splash hype.

We didn’t head straight for a ride like normal but soaked up Main Street and took pictures. The wall of CMs welcoming us back almost brought me to tears. It was magical. We went back to Main Street to rent a locker after our first ride on Splash and stocking up on Splash gear. I wish we had just chilled on MS more because I missed a lot of the characters but we did see tink and the move it shakeit crew.

At the end of the day the Fab 5 and move it shake it crew were on top of the train station waving goodbye. if this becomes a daily thing and you don’t want to miss it, get there BEFORE closing. We walked up right at the end because we got one last ride in and we’re taking pictures.

MAIN STREET IS THE PLACE TO BE. I might be biased because that’s my land, but I loved it before I worked there and I just felt the most Disney Magic there today with special interactions. Seriously something new every 20 minutes.

The rest of the park was great with how empty it was, but nothing extra special about it other than that. I still wouldn’t recommend people visit right now if you only come every so often. But for regulars, the empty walkways just makes for a very special day. Even if the lines had been long (they weren’t) I would have easily agreed to the trade off of never having to get within 6 feet of anyone.

At about 6:30 Mine Train said 30 minutes but it was a literal walk-in. As in, we walked 100% straight through and boarded immediately. I was wondering if there were even 1000 people in the park at this point. It was an absolute ghost town until we hit Main Street, which still wasn’t that crowded.

I may or may not have spent more on merch today (before 50% off) than I have in the last 10 years combined. I am super frugal and rarely buy anything. But that 50% off made things way too tempting.

Finally... Complaints. I really don’t have many. Guests were great with their masks. I saw very few noses out and I don’t think I saw anyone with them off. Of course these are mostly CMs so it’s expected. Boarding the monorail was a bit of a clusterf but it was literally their first attempt at it. They’ll figure it out. My only nitpick would be that Disney needs to add social distancing markers to the exit queues. ESPECIALLY Space Mountain. It’s so long and narrow so you are 100% guaranteed to be slowed down more than someone else will like. We kept 6 feet behind the people no matter how slow, but people behind us sometimes were breathing down our necks. I stopped to let them pass but they still didn’t get it. I really think some people just don’t understand rather than not caring.

Overall, it was a much needed and amazing return to the most magical place on earth since we left the evening of March 15. I can’t wait to go back Thursday and just soak it in and relax.

Thank you sooo much for sharing your day with us. It sounded wonderful.

For opening day I think it went very very well ( I watched ResortTV1 most of the day while I worked). I'm sure they will make adjustments to the areas that people have noted and do their best to get it right. The rest is up to guests to follow through too.

I was a bit disheartened today by the extension of the quarantine for NY but fortunately my trip isn't until Sept 16th and I'm really hoping we don't have to move again.

No ceremony, but all the CM were on Main Street welcoming us back home. I was on the very first monorail to arrive so it was super empty, walked right on to everything, including PP :) you can watch the stream from the beginning since it's on FB now
Any idea on what time the first monorail ran?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter