Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you planning on making park reservations tomorrow (assuming you have an onsite stay)? If so, you might want to give IT a call or Ticketing a call if your original AP expiration doesn't currently cover your desired reservation dates. I don't usually recommend calling them about something like this, but it's only fair that everyone who should has access to the system.
I am. I’ll be fine for my November trip but the January trip not so. I have to call the monthly payment line too which is not open on weekends.

While not confirmed by Disney anywhere officially that I've seen yet, TA's are saying as long as Disney is the one changing your room, you won't be charged the difference. If you make a specific resort request or modify your reservation, you will pay the difference.
But guests are reporting CM’s are informing them after park opening is different. We will get a special rate but we pay to be moved regardless if you didn’t initiate or kept dates the same. Maybe that’s why it was posted here a few days ago Value/Mods would not be happy. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

I’m confused about the ticket thing. I have an AP & DH has dated tickets so are y’all saying I won’t be able to make both of our reservations together? If so, where are y’all seeing that?

How many days of ~450 days that will be available tomorrow do we think will completely book up during the initial reservation period this week? The more I think about it, the more I think only the first week or 2 of reopening will book up at the 4 parks between the 3 reservation stages this week

I’m confused about the ticket thing. I have an AP & DH has dated tickets so are y’all saying I won’t be able to make both of our reservations together? If so, where are y’all seeing that?

As long as they’re linked together under one of the accounts, I can’t see why that would be an issue. To me it sounds like it’ll be like booking a FP

How many days of ~450 days that will be available tomorrow do we think will completely book up during the initial reservation period this week? The more I think about it, the more I think only the first week or 2 of reopening will book up at the 4 parks between the 3 reservation stages this week
I think July 11-15 will be tough, given that only half the parks will be open (therefore fewer reservations available), and 7/15 and a few days after might be tough as well. FWIW, availability was a bit tough at SDL for a few days out when they initially reopened, but at this point, you can usually get a reservation for the next day or the day after. Of course, WDW has very different dynamics.
No dates for Jambo or WL is throwing me off. They’re part of resorts that will already be up and running. Any insight there? We’re at POR in August but makes sense to leave those closed for now.
My *guess* is that it's about capacity. Also, keep in mind, both of those resorts have two DVC wings, giving them a higher number of DVC units than most mixed-use resorts (PVB and BLT have more than WL I believe though). AKV in particular has over 700 units, so they may just feel that that's more than enough for the time being. Once they start seeing the DVC wings at those resorts overflowing, I'd imagine that's when they'll turn the key on opening up more resorts.

But guests are reporting CM’s are informing them after park opening is different. We will get a special rate but we pay to be moved regardless if you didn’t initiate or kept dates the same. Maybe that’s why it was posted here a few days ago Value/Mods would not be happy. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Interesting! I hadn't seen that anywhere! I've missed some pages along the way.

So, going back to all the resort-move confusion from yesterday...

The last update I received from my Dreams TA for my early December stay at POFQ is that I'll be moved tomorrow into a DVC resort at no cost as long as I don't request anything specific. That was her info from yesterday, though, and I don't know if she knew these hotel updates would be coming out today. According to her yesterday, the latest info she had was that only DVC was opening this year.

Now that we have this list of staggered openings, though, I'm assuming if any later-in-the-year reservations are moved, they'd be moved into one of these resorts, and not a DVC room. That makes the most sense to me at least. Hm.

Maybe there'll be another TA update email this evening. :rotfl:

Edit: OR maybe she was wrong and December reservations won't be moved at all tomorrow. :laughing:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter