Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think so, it counts as a ticket for FP+ reservations. I hope it does because those are the only tickets we have linked.
Because if you can't use an un-activated AP to book park reservations, then you will never be able to use that AP!!

I come back after reading this thread until 8:00 pm last night and it looks like everything changed. Wow! I have a November trip but no tickets and a May 2021 trip but no tickets. I rented points for May. Looks like I may be out of luck especially for November. If I can't get what I want I will cancel November and work on May. I feel like it was when the ADR's were 180 days out. How do I know what I want to eat in 6 months and how do I know what park I want to go to on a particular day in 11 months. I plan ahead but not that far ahead. I usually buy tickets closer to trip time. This seems to be a bit crazy to me but what do I know. LOL!

I wonder too. Will we be allowed to leave parks to eat at a hotel and then get back to park? Are we allowed to eat at a hotel we're not staying at? Will transportation be provided?

The more I think about it, the less I know.
Disney has said people will need either a resort reservation or a confirmed dining reservation to access a resort, when they first open, so I assume that means you can dine at a resort you are not staying in. They just don’t want people coming in randomly while they are trying to control capacity at the resorts. We haven’t had confirmation from Disney yet about leaving and reentering the same park the same day, just that we can’t hop.

It is my understanding that this is the position they've taken for the moment. The big variable is availability under this new system. They have a decently firm idea on resort numbers, but in terms of how many ticket holders out there are going to want what dates, they don't know. I'm of the personal belief that after the first few weeks, availability shouldn't be as difficult/frustrating, but based on what I've heard, they're taking a "wait and see approach" in regard to many things, including APs. They could offer more down the road, but that's far from a guarantee. For AP holders, I'd look to DL's FlexPass to get an idea of what to expect, as has been discussed here for a while.

I'm reaching out to a few TAs to try to get answers on that. My original understanding was that the resort priority group would include any hotels that could be linked to MDE (i.e. DS hotels, Hilton BC/WA Orlando, Swan & Dolphin, SoG, Four Seasons) but that could have changed. That is old info.

As many have said, I'd sit tight (I know it's frustrating) until Disney reaches out to you regarding your resort stay.
Thanks for the information that you have given that you can give. I realize it's all kind of up in the air and I've just been trying to wait it out. But I'm a peasant who is starting to get a little nervous. LOL

The BIG AP question for me is..for a resort stay.
Before all this I could go to a park after I checked in and also after I checked out,
haven't seen any info on whether that will still be any different as far as picking reservations ...so will 5 nights get you 6 days of parks?
I took the “(w-o-w) hotel rooms” to mean that AP holders will only get 2 park reservations at a time, regardless of whether they have an onsite stay or not. But she’s working to confirm that.

w-o-w = with or without

I am going to continue having confidence in them making it right. I think everyone with an AP needs to try and breathe and be patient right now.

Agreed. The decision didnt need to be made today. The 4 month extension is a holdover enough for them, and the guests. Its frustrating, sure. But there are more important things they need to deal with right now. I expect them to make it right, but I dont expect it to be today, tomorrow, probably not even until about a month or two into the reopening of the parks. Theres not real benefit of rushing to a decision in terms of what they will do

I don’t like the desktop thing at all. I do almost everything with my phone. Can someone more tech savvy tell me why that would matter?
I think what that probably really means is that you won't be able to access the reservation system in the MDE app on your phone. You'll have to access it from a browser. It's possible that it's only available in the desktop version of a browser, but I think that is unlikely. Worst case, you can request the desktop version of a website on your phone by going in to the browser settings.

That would be the line of devastation for me, if they canceled or if they priced us out by making us pay for an upgrade.

I canceled my backup reservation because it had a 30 day policy (shades) and I am now within that. So I'm totally flying by the seat of my pants and at Disney's mercy. As a hyper planner, this is a new experience for me 😆 Hopefully, Disney just puts me somewhere. If not, I hope I can quickly book another room at shades before they immediately fill from people doing the same thing.

I really, truly, deeply, thought we would hear about resorts before the park reservation system. I love Disney more than I probably should but it is really starting to get crazy that people 3-4 weeks out have no idea if they have hotel rooms and at what price.

I took the “(w-o-w) hotel rooms” to mean that AP holders will only get 2 park reservations at a time, regardless of whether they have an onsite stay or not. But she’s working to confirm that.

w-o-w = with or without
In the line above that, it says that resort guests with tickets or APs will be able to reserve parks for the length of their stay.

I honestly cant envision the bare bones solution being the end result. They know damn well that wouldn’t go over well in the first place. And locals can only book 2 days at a time without a resort reservation? Yeah, there’s more to the AP compensation discussion in the future, I’m almost certain of it. Disney has done some weird things in the past, but not to the level of giving a 4 month extension and calling it a day. Unless they just want to get rid of APs altogether

Remy did say local APs would not be happy. I was wondering what Disney would do to make on site stays worth the expense after doing away with FP. Now I know.

I sure wouldn’t look at these restrictions as anything permanent, but as long as there are reservations, I expect local APs will have at least some kind of restrictions. They have to insure resort guest will have park access.

Agreed. The decision didnt need to be made today. The 4 month extension is a holdover enough for them, and the guests. Its frustrating, sure. But there are more important things they need to deal with right now. I expect them to make it right, but I dont expect it to be today, tomorrow, probably not even until about a month or two into the reopening of the parks. Theres not real benefit of rushing to a decision in terms of what they will do

With the caveat that we aren’t having to choose between refund or extension before the parks open. I will be really unhappy if we have to choose a refund by that time or lose it, only to find out that they’re adding on another extension to APs.

Im not as confident as you they will. I tend to think they’ll make up for it through in park perks that only benefit people who could come before their passes expire anyways.

Well, when you can make reservations. No word on that yet. But that’s how it’s always worked for any kind of reservation. The option to cancel exists, subject to cancellation policies and if you cancel, reservations of any kind go back into the pool. I don’t know why that would change, not should it.

I’m DVC so I can make reservations anytime.

Another AP question will be ..if you need to book park reservation's next year after your pass expires , will you be able to buy a package or tickets like before and just use the money towards your pass when you get there as a place saver???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter