Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that Disney is going to clean rides between guests. I think I’ve seen reports that Universal isn’t doing that. It would be ridiculously difficult to do this on something like a roller coaster. Guests will likely be spaced out in ride vehicles though which will reduce capacity.

Craig said on the Universal show that they were cycling vehicles to be cleaned.
But even if they don’t, look at how they’re loading vehicles. I’ve seen rides with 2 or 3 people on the ride. It all evens out. Lower the attendance, but space out the amount of people that can ride still equals a high attendance with full ride vehicle capacity

Soooooo. We can walk over and use the Boardwalk pool...so why not open SAB and keep the resort in its "bubble"? What am I missing?
Yeah this kind of contradicts the whole cannot resort hop thing they put in place. At this point the only consistent thing about Disney is the inconsistent communications we keep getting.

Yes I think so, too. I am usually there during some holiday or other, so anything lower would be great. Lol

I haven’t gone around the holidays since 2007. I went to MK on Christmas Day, but I don’t remember how bad it was. I’m a rare person where I don’t loathe the big crowds, unless it’s a party I’m paying extra for basically for a more exclusive experience like the Halloween party. But for the most part, I can fill a day out with enough things I love doing even with the biggest crowds. Its never been too unbearable for me

I haven’t gone around the holidays since 2007. I went to MK on Christmas Day, but I don’t remember how bad it was. I’m a rare person where I don’t loathe the big crowds, unless it’s a party I’m paying extra for basically for a more exclusive experience like the Halloween party. But for the most part, I can fill a day out with enough things I love doing even with the biggest crowds. Its never been too unbearable for me

It’s always doable with a good plan. My issues with crowds are when you have bathroom lines and choked walkways, 25 minute wait for popcorn, no tables at qs, etc.

I think they said the reason SAB wasn’t going to be open was because salt water wasn’t approved by the CDC, only chlorine

From a quick read it appears SAB is a traditional chlorine pool (with sand bottom).

I believe the new leisure pool at CCV/BRV is actually salt water based (not true salt water, just uses salt to create free chlorine).These pools kill viruses and other debris the same as a traditional pool that has chlorine directly added. So I would think they would share the same CDC approval.

Craig said on the Universal show that they were cycling vehicles to be cleaned.
But even if they don’t, look at how they’re loading vehicles. I’ve seen rides with 2 or 3 people on the ride. It all evens out. Lower the attendance, but space out the amount of people that can ride still equals a high attendance with full ride vehicle capacity

Let’s be honest though. I watched those videos and saw like 1 person per row on the rides every other row or 2. There is absolutely no way that can be sustained without it taking a long way to even get on the ride. Esp as some people actually start to hit the parks.

I’m sure they will swipe them but even with wipes it takes like 5 mins of the surface being wet for it to actually kill anything so, your better off with your handy sanitizer

I think they said the reason SAB wasn’t going to be open was because salt water wasn’t approved by the CDC, only chlorine
That makes sense about the salt water and it not being approved by the CDC as the reason they cannot open SAB. But will they also make an exception for guests at The Polynesian Villas to go to GFV to use the fitness center as they share this amenity? Just seems like they may end up with some exceptions that will make this restriction inconsistent across all the resorts.

Yeah this kind of contradicts the whole cannot resort hop thing they put in place. At this point the only consistent thing about Disney is the inconsistent communications we keep getting.
So, as with so many things, we take a simple thing Disney says and try to read in all the details. Here is exactly what they said on the website about what you'll need to visit Disney hotels which is the only place I know of they've officially addressed this so far:

• A confirmed room reservation for your stay. Be sure to link your reservation to your Disney account to receive important information prior to your arrival—visit My Plans to get started
  • A confirmed dining reservation if you’re a day Guest (not staying overnight)
Now, that could be interpreted as you're not allowed to resort-hop from where you're staying. It could also mean, if you have a confirmed room reservation, you're allowed to visit the Disney hotels since you're staying overnight on property. Clearly the BCV and BWV issue already indicates that may be a possibility plus all the difficulties in enforcing it.

The most sensible way to interpret for me is, they want to keep the facilities with low crowds enough to take care of the resort guests, so they don't want day guests driving up, parking, and hanging out in the stores and QS restaurants. That would make sense and be easy to enforce at the guard shack. Otherwise, there's a lot of problems enforcing as described in multiple posts and I'm not sure that's worth the effort, especially on the monorail stations and Epcot Resort Hotels.

As with everything, just stay tuned, we'll figure out all the answers soon enough.

So, as with so many things, we take a simple thing Disney says and try to read in all the details. Here is exactly what they said on the website about what you'll need to visit Disney hotels which is the only place I know of they've officially addressed this so far:

• A confirmed room reservation for your stay. Be sure to link your reservation to your Disney account to receive important information prior to your arrival—visit My Plans to get started
  • A confirmed dining reservation if you’re a day Guest (not staying overnight)
Now, that could be interpreted as you're not allowed to resort-hop from where you're staying. It could also mean, if you have a confirmed room reservation, you're allowed to visit the Disney hotels since you're staying overnight on property. Clearly the BCV and BWV issue already indicates that may be a possibility plus all the difficulties in enforcing it.

The most sensible way to interpret for me is, they want to keep the facilities with low crowds enough to take care of the resort guests, so they don't want day guests driving up, parking, and hanging out in the stores and QS restaurants. That would make sense and be easy to enforce at the guard shack. Otherwise, there's a lot of problems enforcing as described in multiple posts and I'm not sure that's worth the effort, especially on the monorail stations and Epcot Resort Hotels.

As with everything, just stay tuned, we'll figure out all the answers soon enough.

Your explanation is the best one and what I am going to rely on when I bar hop for 4th of July...LOL

It’s always doable with a good plan. My issues with crowds are when you have bathroom lines and choked walkways, 25 minute wait for popcorn, no tables at qs, etc.

That’s true, especially when you’re there for long periods of time. Usually I’m in a park for no longer than 4-5 hours at a time and rarely eat at the parks. So my ability of how I treat busy days at the parks is going to be much different than most. The only time I get annoyed with choked walkways when theres groups of more then 3 adults walking side by side and very leisurely. I’m by no means a power walker, but if I know that I’m blocking someone who has a quicker pace than me, I’m going to let them by.

Just to throw something out there
What has been the number 1 complain about the parks for the last couple of years? High crowds
What if they keep the reservation system to control crowds at each park? This way people will know ahead of time what park it's already closed for capacity
Just a thought, I'm bored :D

Good thinking. Helps them with staffing, ordering food, etc. measuring what % of people who reserve but don't check in....lots of data available to help keep costs down.

From a quick read it appears SAB is a traditional chlorine pool (with sand bottom).

I believe the new leisure pool at CCV/BRV is actually salt water based (not true salt water, just uses salt to create free chlorine).These pools kill viruses and other debris the same as a traditional pool that has chlorine directly added. So I would think they would share the same CDC approval.

Thats what I get for listening to a YouTube content creator without looking up the actual facts before making my opinion. I could have sworn it was chlorine, especially when you’re dealing with the slide, but I heard “Because its a saltwater pool with sand bottom” I automatically thought that made sense

Let’s be honest though. I watched those videos and saw like 1 person per row on the rides every other row or 2. There is absolutely no way that can be sustained without it taking a long way to even get on the ride. Esp as some people actually start to hit the parks.

I’m sure they will swipe them but even with wipes it takes like 5 mins of the surface being wet for it to actually kill anything so, your better off with your handy sanitizer

I believe if they’re saying they’re cleaning them, while putting it in an agreed upon opening strategy, and they get caught not doing the cleaning that they had mentioned they’d be doing, they could probably get in a lot of trouble. Whether it be legally through the union, or publicly. The media will be waiting on their perches when Disney opens up watching and waiting for the next big clickbait article of the year for Disney. If they catch wind that Disney isnt doing 110% of the cleaning deemed “necessary”, it will be blown well out of proportion. It’ll go from not cleaning the ride vehicles to cast members seen stepping out of their cars without masks on

I agree with your logic. Here’s what the dining page says,
“Before you dine at Walt Disney World Resort, please be aware that you’ll need:
  • Planning to dine at a table-service restaurant in a Disney Resort hotel? A confirmed dining reservation is required for day Guests (those not staying overnight) and is highly recommended for Guests staying overnight at a Disney Resort hotel”
“Highly recommended“ and ”overnight at A Disney resort”.. so not required and not specifically at THE resort. Nuances. But I’m taking it as, they are not limiting resort visitation amongst onsite resort guests. IOW, I can still get dole whip when I’m at BLT by going to POLY.

I’m curious how they prevent resort hoping like are you going to have to scan into the resort or show ID

As far as the posts that have wondered about this- I REALLY hope the park reservation system isn’t here to stay. I don’t want to have to commit that far in advance which park I’m going to. I know we do to a certain extent through FP and ADR but we can choose to change those and maybe lose a good FP, and not as big of a deal with the ADR because even if my ADR is at MK I can decide to go to AK and hop over for my dinner. There have been many times we’ve changed our planned park for the day the day before or morning of. When my kids were smaller once my daughter wasn’t feeling well the day we had planned to spend our full day at MK so we switched up and made the following day our MK day. With this system we’d have been stuck having our one MK day with a kid not feeling well all day or had to leave early and not get to spend a full day there. As it was, we made that a rest day and went to MK the next. If I see the weather is going to be bad one day, I want to be able to change my plans and not be stuck. I understand the need for the system now, but going forward I hope it doesn’t stick.

I agree with your logic. Here’s what the dining page says,
“Before you dine at Walt Disney World Resort, please be aware that you’ll need:
  • Planning to dine at a table-service restaurant in a Disney Resort hotel? A confirmed dining reservation is required for day Guests (those not staying overnight) and is highly recommended for Guests staying overnight at a Disney Resort hotel”
“Highly recommended“ and ”overnight at A Disney resort”.. so not required and not specifically at THE resort. Nuances. But I’m taking it as, they are not limiting resort visitation amongst onsite resort guests. IOW, I can still get dole whip when I’m at BLT by going to POLY.

really hoping you’re right- but and someone correct me if I’m wrong, I believe people have called and asked about this and it was confirmed no hotel hoping at all without a reservation. We are also at BLT June 27- and I was hoping for the same. To get a dole whip or grab a drink at a different resort

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter