• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
MLB will most likely play without crowds at the spring training facilities in AZ and FL starting in May

They stayed open very well into the pandemic this time with little to no negative press.

1. People are allowed to assume risk and can return if they want.
2. When the second wave hits it will hit just like this one with enough time to plan for shutdown again.

There’s no reason they can’t open for awhile and then close again when needed.
They only stayed open 4-5 days after NHL and NBA suspended play. They shut down just about the time everything else was shutting down.

And Disney for some social media backlash, although not really heavy needs coverage.

I've started tracking data for Florida in my data analysis now - I've found historical daily number of cases, but I'm trying to find data for the last few weeks for how many people have died for each day in Florida - can any of you point me to where I might find that data? I've managed to find data for the last 4 days, but not before that.
The best source for all Covad-19 Information for Florida is at the Florida Health Site.

FloridaHealth Covid-19 Home

After you take a look at the latest stats you can scroll down and click on the two buttons shown in the image below to see the Dashboad and the latest Report. Both are updated twice daily. The historice death reports currently start on page 25 of the generated PDF that is genenrate when you press the "See the report" on the link above.

Florida Heath Images.JPG

Note: While the statistics are updated twice daily, there may be a lag of 2-3 days between a death and it being included in the reporting.

Dave

Sports players will need to be tested before every single game.

also, from ESPN regarding Trump’s talk with major league sports higher-ups today:

“Trump also said he hopes to have fans back in stadiums and arenas by August and September, sources said, though it is currently unclear if medical experts find that to be a realistic timeline amid the current coronavirus pandemic.”

No fans in stadiums = no Disney

(im not saying that why trump reportedly said is accurate in any manner)

This is Disneyland related, but Governor Newsom just strongly implied that NFL games are very unlikely to happen in California in September. I am hard pressed to believe that Disneyland will be opened if sports stadiums are not.

MLB will most likely play without crowds at the spring training facilities in AZ and FL starting in May
The players association opposes playing at this time. All it takes is one player getting it. Same with parks. Disney isnt risking it till it's safe. Parks in july August is what in thinking.

With more testing and numbers coming out that are saying many more people have had it upwards of 5x-10x current numbers, the severity of the virus is entering seasonal flu range, still early but it is trending that way.

I tend to believe this otherwise we would have seen more cases come out and traced to the Disney Parks. The closure of the parks was over two weeks ago, surely we would have heard of a case traced back to the parks by now. Other than the one case of the 34 year old becoming ill and dying, there has been no news of any cases or other deaths. He become ill within five days of his trip. With the media and high profile of Disney we would have heard of a few cases if they were severe and statistically there should be by now. Millions had passed through the parks before they closed.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Dave - I had found the dashboard elsewhere, but that didn't include the data I was after. But the report does - so many thanks for that. I can finish my number crunching now to make a better prediction on when I think Florida, rather than the USA as a whole, is likely to peak.

My latest number crunching is showing that the USA is around 10-12 days behind Europe taken as whole, which is now starting to peak (some countries have already peaked). So I think the peak for the USA may be in as little as 3 weeks time. I don't have a good handle on where Florida sits with that though, so this data will really help me. It could make the difference between me hanging on for my July trip, or trying to re-schedule to next year.
I just don't see how everything will be back to normal that quick if the peak is mid May. I see them slowly opening up things. The last thing will be places that involve big crowds. Restaurants and other retail businesses will be first and probably at limited capacity. Theme parks, arena, and stadiums will be the last to open. I think end of summer at earliest. I just can't see them opening up so quick after cases start going down.

I of course agree, but the idea of having 50,000 people in one place at one time is entirely synonymous to the Disney parks opening back up and it’s not an awful idea to speculate about Disney park’s opening based on what the major sports are doing.
I understand, many aspects of Disney are compared to sporting events. I just don’t want it to go so far off the edge.

With more testing and numbers coming out that are saying many more people have had it upwards of 5x-10x current numbers, the severity of the virus is entering seasonal flu range, still early but it is trending that way.

I tend to believe this otherwise we would have seen more cases come out and traced to the Disney Parks. The closure of the parks was over two weeks ago, surely we would have heard of a case traced back to the parks by now. Other than the one case of the 34 year old becoming ill and dying, there has been no news of any cases or other deaths. He become ill within five days of his trip. With the media and high profile of Disney we would have heard of a few cases if they were severe and statistically there should be by now. Millions had passed through the parks before they closed.

I was thinking that too the other day about the parks, that it’s strange we haven’t heard more links to the parks. Where did you hear about the severity trending towards more likely the flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter