Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Citywalk isn’t allowing anyone in past 7 now because of the riots.

At this point, I think the parks are more concerned about the prospect of riots than a virus. If it’s not one thing it’s another!

I think a lot of us just feel like throwing our hands up and saying forget a vacation in Orlando at all! 😔

I haven't seen any video yet of people looting the theme parks.

Plan right now for those who have reservations at the start of park opening will be moved to DVC...not resort rooms..it sounds like they will be keeping the actual resort sides closed longer,

Again, no info was shared how long this will last...a few weeks, longer...or, by next month, they amend the plan.

And, until the resort side officially opens..other than they are opening QS and restaurant with limited options..the pools for the hotels are not opening right away.

Honestly, there are going to be people who are told they have to move who may not like where they are going and if it holds true, Disney won’t allow them a choice, more cancellations could happen,

My friend will keep me posted when some of her clients actually get the change emails!
Are there bad DVC resorts? We always try to save as much as possible so I'm thinking anything would be an upgrade and a bonus

I realize you don't have a crystal ball, but would you assume that if you're booked someplace like Wilderness Lodge that has a DVC section that they would try to move you to that DVC?

Based on what I have been told, I would say yes, as long as moving people to DVC villas and not opening other resorts is the plan,

What is sounds like is that they are trying to hold off as long as they can to open regular resorts to make things easier to manage, like housekeeping, transportation etc,

Of course, the plan may not work very well for very long if they have too many people to move and not enough villas.

Based on what I have been told, I would say yes, as long as moving people to DVC villas and not opening other resorts is the plan,

What is sounds like is that they are trying to hold off as long as they can to open regular resorts to make things easier to manage, like housekeeping, transportation etc,

Of course, the plan may not work very well for very long if they have too many people to move and not enough villas.
That's cool. I'm willing to hang in there and see what happens, but since we're paying for a Magic Kingdom area resort, I would prefer to be in one! Thanks for sharing the info! We're going at the end of July, so hopefully we'll find out soon-ish what the deal is.

Plan right now for those who have reservations at the start of park opening will be moved to DVC...not resort rooms..it sounds like they will be keeping the actual resort sides closed longer,

Again, no info was shared how long this will last...a few weeks, longer...or, by next month, they amend the plan.

And, until the resort side officially opens..other than they are opening QS and restaurant with limited options..the pools for the hotels are not opening right away.

Honestly, there are going to be people who are told they have to move who may not like where they are going and if it holds true, Disney won’t allow them a choice, more cancellations could happen,

My friend will keep me posted when some of her clients actually get the change emails!
I'm not sure I believe it, but mostly because I'm staying at All-Star Music and I couldn't be so lucky :P

Are there bad DVC resorts? We always try to save as much as possible so I'm thinking anything would be an upgrade and a bonus

They have their pros/cons and not one DVC wins, DVCs near the parks are more popular at times, but they all have unique features.

I just looked at availability for DVC for the first week they're open. Some resorts have studios available but not every one. I was a bit surprised at how much availability there is. However even with all the availability there are not enough rooms in DVC to accommodate everyone that has a room booked unless way more people have canceled than anyone thinks.

If you are moved to a DVC resort you will be able to use whatever is open at the resort.

I'm not sure I believe it, but mostly because I'm staying at All-Star Music and I couldn't be so lucky :P

Well, if you were a client of my friend, you would have gotten an email from her telling you it would be happening but for what dates, unknown.

So, you can hope...especially if you are going in July..IMO.

Citywalk isn’t allowing anyone in past 7 now because of the riots.

At this point, I think the parks are more concerned about the prospect of riots than a virus. If it’s not one thing it’s another!

I think a lot of us just feel like throwing our hands up and saying forget a vacation in Orlando at all! 😔

2020 just isn't giving anybody a break...

We are at YC and will probably be moved.
How are the pullouts in the villas ? Tolerable ?
BTW .... clowns freak me out..... 🤞🏻Hoping we don’t get BW

We are at YC and will probably be moved.
How are the pullouts in the villas ? Tolerable ?

Depends on resort and people, I don’t mind them at all..but I like a little harder surface, Congress Park at SSR and RIV had the new pull down Murphy beds.

I hadn’t thought much about those at deluxe resorts already. Next time I reach out to my friend, I will try to get more info about people like you,

Depends on resort and people, I don’t mind them at all..but I like a little harder surface, Congress Park at SSR and RIV had the new pull down Murphy beds.

I hadn’t thought much about those at deluxe resorts already. Next time I reach out to my friend, I will try to get more info about people like you,
Yeah kinda curious , it would have to be a deluxe move I would think.
Again ..... clowns really freak me out 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻Hoping not BW

If they are actually able to move everyone who still wants to come into rooms at DVC resorts (even considering that they would be able to use the rooms set aside for cash reservations on the DVC side), that means there are WAY less people who actually want to vacation there ASAP than we have been thinking here, wouldn’t it? Even the most conservative of our assumptions probably assumed more.

If we’re just talking DVC and the regular attached resort portion remain closed, I think there are going to be some people really unimpressed when they get moved from a deluxe resort to SSR. No offence SSR fans. I bet Riviera has a lot of available space too since it’s not sold out, in fairness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter