CRT worth it?

Liam518

Earning My Ears
I just booked CRT for me, my wife and 5yo daughter for breakfast. Had to pre pay $200! I generally far from a frugal person, but that seems steep for a breakfast. We’ve never been, but I’m assuming it’s a must do? Also we are getting AP, does that give any discounts at CRT? TIA

I just booked CRT for me, my wife and 5yo daughter for breakfast. Had to pre pay $200! I generally far from a frugal person, but that seems steep for a breakfast. We’ve never been, but I’m assuming it’s a must do? Also we are getting AP, does that give any discounts at CRT? TIA
Worth it? For your 5 year old daughter - probably - all those beautiful princesses! But the food - no.

Breakfast would not be worth it for me. Lunch? Yes, Dinner? Yes.

Only you can determine if the money you are committing is a value.

We did breakfast last summer. It was my 9 yr old son my mother and my husband and me. This was for my mother. She loves Cinderella ever since she was a kid and this was the only trip she's ever taken. Her eyes lit up when she went into the castle and when she met Cinderella she never looked happier. That for me was worth every penny. My son loved getting photos with everyone and the food was.. ok... Def not worth the price but we didn't go there for food we went for the characters and to say we ate in the castle.

We did breakfast last summer. It was my 9 yr old son my mother and my husband and me. This was for my mother. She loves Cinderella ever since she was a kid and this was the only trip she's ever taken. Her eyes lit up when she went into the castle and when she met Cinderella she never looked happier. That for me was worth every penny. My son loved getting photos with everyone and the food was.. ok... Def not worth the price but we didn't go there for food we went for the characters and to say we ate in the castle.
Thanks! That’s kinda what I thought. We want to do these “magical” extras while my little one still is amazed by it all!

If you have never been to CRT then I would say Yes, it's worth it for the experience. Do not expect much of the food though. We had breakfast at CRT for my daughter's 6th Birthday and I don't regret it but I will probably never do it again. We prefer the character interactions at 1900 PF.

Thanks! That’s kinda what I thought. We want to do these “magical” extras while my little one still is amazed by it all!

We’ve done it once, at lunch. We thought the food was excellent. One of the best meals we’ve had anywhere, Disney or outside Disney. But we are plain, not rich people who rarely eat anywhere where most entrees are more than around $10-15.

It is worth it at least once for any die-hard Disney fan and/or huge princess fan. It’s beautiful inside. It’s a relaxing way to meet princesses and get stuff signed. Inform Cinderella it’s your first time at a banquet- makes for a fun interaction!

If you get the AP and you get Tables in Wonderland, you will be able to get discount that comes with it. Thats what we did when we ate at CRT.

Honestly i dont feel that its worth it. $200 is a hefty price tag. But its one of those things you have to experience at least once. Your 5 yo will love it.

Worth it? The meal? No!!! The experience and ambiance? Yes!!!
Actually, many years ago when we took our children, the food was quite good with appetizer and beautiful dessert, so we enjoyed the complete deal.
Now, from seeing the menu, and hearing other's experience, it has lost that 'greatness' with the food.

I do not think breakfast would be worth it ... but we did dinner last year and the food was delicious. The atmosphere and little touches were awesome. My two girls were over the moon.

The price includes tax and tip which made it a little easier to swallow.

We did CRT breakfast last year with grandkids ages 5,5 4 and 1. The three oldest ones had a BBB appointment at 8:10 to be “magically transformed “ into two princesses and a knight followed by CRT at 9:30.

That combination was expensive but priceless, just the way Disney designed it to be LOL. The CRT food was fine but you’re really paying for the setting and character interaction which were both A+.

We did it for our almost 3 year old in April and it was really magical. Just seeing the look on her face and her “wows” were priceless. I’d totally do it again. We did breakfast as well and I really enjoyed my meal.

I was there over Easter weekend and went to CRT for lunch with my mom and her friend. I'm 31 and we all LOVED it! It was the highlight of my trip. The character interactions were wonderful! I would definitely go again.

We did CRT breakfast last year with grandkids ages 5,5 4 and 1. The three oldest ones had a BBB appointment at 8:10 to be “magically transformed “ into two princesses and a knight followed by CRT at 9:30.

That combination was expensive but priceless, just the way Disney designed it to be LOL. The CRT food was fine but you’re really paying for the setting and character interaction which were both A+.
We also did the BBB first thing in the morning and had breakfast at the castle. We did that a few times as we vacationed with different family members for different trips. Our girls loved the entire experience each time and were so excited to share the experience with their cousins. Our family actually enjoys our character breakfast meals more than our dinners. But I think that's because normally we just have cereal in the morning due to needing to be out of the house early each morning at home. It's a special treat for us.

Is CRT worth it? If it comes down to $$$$ alone then no. But with this being your first time trying CRT and with a 5 year old daughter, the memories will be priceless. I say do it. We did it once (dinner) when my daughter was 10 and never regretted it. But it is a one and done for us.

I think it is "worth it" for the experience. We had lunch there for the first time last year after years and years of going to Disney and dreaming about eating inside the castle. We were on the Deluxe Dining Plan, so it didn't hurt quite so much and seeing a $200 charge to our cc. The lunch food was good, but the experience was great. We were given a window table that overlooked Fantastyland. Our server was fantastic, the castle is beautiful and the princesses were great to meet.

Food wise, no not worth the money at all. Especially breakfast, (which is what we usually do) Experience wise, yes. My daughters LOVE eating in the castle, and that's what you are really paying for after all. For us, it's the memories we are buying, not the seat at the table. Lives get busy, people get distracted, but we will always remember those meals we had with Cinderella over the years.

I agree with many of the others. The food was good but not worth the price. The experience of eating dinner inside the castle was extremely unique and we thought it was worth it for the great memories. I also loved that we were able to meet five princesses at once during dinner which saved us from waiting in a bunch of individual character lines (my 4 year old daughter didn't want to do the bigger rides but had a list of like 13 princesses she wanted to meet).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter