CRT - Prepay only now?

Mike&AllisMom

DIS Veteran
I am trying to book CRT and I have a dining package (not qs) but I'm still being asked for my credit card to prepay. Has the policy changed? It's been a few years since I have used the dining plan.

It's been this way for at least 4-5 years now, if not longer.

You prepay for the meal, now. When you get to the restaurant, tell your server that you are using DDP, and then they'll process your credits and give you a refund of the prepay amount.

It's been this way for at least 4-5 years now, if not longer.

You prepay for the meal, now. When you get to the restaurant, tell your server that you are using DDP, and then they'll process your credits and give you a refund of the prepay amount.

We haven't had the dining plan since 2009 so I thought this might be what happened. Thanks for your help!

I was there last September and had reservations for ten people for dinner. We were able to use our dining plan credits to reserve. I had to call to do that but it would've had to change since last year cause I would've remembered having to put that much money down. I would call and check with reservations!

I was there last September and had reservations for ten people for dinner. We were able to use our dining plan credits to reserve. I had to call to do that but it would've had to change since last year cause I would've remembered having to put that much money down. I would call and check with reservations!

Wow! I wouldn't want to pay for 10 up front! I'm just taking my daughter and it's $158. Thanks!

I booked in April and I didn't have to pay. There was a box to tick if I wanted to reserve with DDP credits instead of payment. I think they still might have had the credit card details so if we are no show they charge it but they do not charge it in advance. Is your dining plan showing on MDE? Or have you tried to see if the website/app (whichever you are not using) allows you to reserve with DDP instead of with CC? It often seems that one or the other isn't working properly!

It's been a couple years, but we were able to reserve by using our dining credits. The credit card was to secure the spot in case of a no show but no charge was made.

I booked in April and I didn't have to pay. There was a box to tick if I wanted to reserve with DDP credits instead of payment. I think they still might have had the credit card details so if we are no show they charge it but they do not charge it in advance. Is your dining plan showing on MDE? Or have you tried to see if the website/app (whichever you are not using) allows you to reserve with DDP instead of with CC? It often seems that one or the other isn't working properly!

The box to check for DDP was not there. My dining plan is showing up. I'm using the website. I will just give them a call after work. I'm not at all surprised their technology is failing me :)

When I booked online 2 years ago I didn’t have to prepay but when I called to modify the ADR she charged my card. We were refunded after our meal.

I've been having horrible luck with the website and dining for my spring trip. I booked CRT with a dining plan about a year ago with no issues. Calling sounds like the best idea. I hope it worked out for you!

We have the dining plan. We used the plan, not cash, to "pay" for our ADR. We had to call.

CRT is credit card guarantee only if you have the appropriate dining plan. Of course we all know that Disney IT fails *cough cough* occasionally......... so you do need to keep an eye on what you're agreeing to online. If there's a total $ amount shown on checkout, you're about to be charged, so don't proceed. It does require the CC to guarantee so you still need to input it, but I'm thinking it shows 0 due. It certainly doesn't show a $ amount when you check out.

If it's still not working, calling is your best option.

I was able to book on my very old outdated tablet last night using the dining plan to pay. For whatever reason it wouldn't work on my desktop or phone :)

I was able to book on my very old outdated tablet last night using the dining plan to pay. For whatever reason it wouldn't work on my desktop or phone :)
Glad you got it done!

Another suggestion for future reference would be to try a different browser.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter