CRT-Need to drop a guest

CookieandOatmeal

DIS Veteran
I currently have a perfect CRT ADR for four but now my MIL won't be able to come with us so technically we will be three. Can I just wait to get a refund on the day of our ADR and let them know that we are actually a table of 3 or would the cancellation policy be in effect? I am a bit nervous to call because I'm worried that they will accidentally cancel my ADR instead of modifying it. Or could I wait until we get to BLT and see if the front desk could help modify the reservation?

I currently have a perfect CRT ADR for four but now my MIL won't be able to come with us so technically we will be three. Can I just wait to get a refund on the day of our ADR and let them know that we are actually a table of 3 or would the cancellation policy be in effect? I am a bit nervous to call because I'm worried that they will accidentally cancel my ADR instead of modifying it. Or could I wait until we get to BLT and see if the front desk could help modify the reservation?
I do not have your answer. Sorry.

So, BUMP!

Normally, I'd suggest just showing up as a group of three, and you have honored your reservation to not have a cancellation fee.

But CRT is different. You prepay.

So bad advice could be like me spending your money, and that's not good.

I recall having the same issue and being refunded by the Waiter at my table.

However, I really don't want to give you bad advice.....so hopefully, someone else who knows better sees this......

Also, you can modify an ADR for most any restaurant during the check-in process, this includes adding a person. Therefore, see if Modify is a current option.

The cancellation fee applies only when no one in your party shows. If even one person on the reservation arrives and eats, no fee will be charged.

I suspect they will simply refund one adult meal charge.

We wondered what happened when using dining credits to eat there. They simply charged our dining plan and credited our cc for the pre-paid amount.

I presume you'll get a refund for the cost of her meal but am not positive.

CRT normally processes refunds for AP and other discounts at the time of the meal. If you book and pay for 4 people and only 3 show up, I'm confident you'll get a refund for the 4th person's meal. If you're okay waiting until then for your refund to begin being processed (may take days/weeks before it shows up in your CC account), you'll be fine. If you want your refund sooner, then call now.

CRT normally processes refunds for AP and other discounts at the time of the meal. If you book and pay for 4 people and only 3 show up, I'm confident you'll get a refund for the 4th person's meal. If you're okay waiting until then for your refund to begin being processed (may take days/weeks before it shows up in your CC account), you'll be fine. If you want your refund sooner, then call now.
We were able to get a DVC discount last time we were there so I'm okay with waiting since I will be asking for the DVC discount refund then. Thanks!

Double check your receipt even after the waitress tells you they’ve refunded it. I was reading TripAdvisor where the person was still charged despite asking the waitress to change the adult to a child.

We had a reservation for 4 last year but ended up with only 2. It was impossible to get thru on the phone to drop the other 2 before our trip. I asked at the front desk at Riviera, the CM called the restaurant directly. He was told all we had to do was tell them it would only be 2 when we checked in at the restaurant. Only had to wait a few minutes for them to seat us, still at a 4 top. The waitress took it totally in stride when I mentioned it would only be 2 but we had paid for 4. I got the impression it must happen fairly often. She refunded our AP discount & the 2 unneeded places. No problem at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter