CRT lacklustre

bkfamilyof5

Mouseketeer
We had breakfast at CRT today and I was seriously underwhelmed. It was fun to be inside the castle but not “that” exciting. Our waitress was very nice but forgot to give the kids their wands/swords before the “magical ceremony”, and it was too loud to hear much of the announcements (or they were too quiet). The food was ok, but not spectacular and for 2 dining credits I expected more.

The worst part was the princesses. They came for pictures but other than Rapunzel who spoke with them for @90 seconds none did more than say hello and smile. It was quite disappointing and frankly almost rude. I tried to speak to several of them and they completely ignored me. My kids were confused that they were so fast, even Mickey etc at the other character meals who cannot even talk were more interactive and seemed to care more about the kids than these princesses.

I guess that’s one thing we can say we’ve done and never have to do again.

Did you voice these concerns at the restaurant? That's going to be your most effective way to get your point heard.

No, because there appeared to be no one there other than wait staff as we were leaving (downstairs was totally deserted), I’m sick as are 2 of my kids and we just wanted to move on. I posted to share my experience with others. I’ll call Disney to discuss this and several other issues with them later.

We went once. Glad we saw the inside of the castle but never again. Totally not worth the money (or credits) for pretty bland, unexciting food. I get that the castle and princesses are the main draw, but at that price, the food better at least be memorable.

I think they need to revamp the PA system. We could never hear what was being said when the princesses were announced.

I thought the food was decent but the portions were ridiculously small (we went for dinner).

I’m glad we had the experience but I doubt we will ever go back. I found it underwhelming as well for the cost.

It’s been several years since we were there but went one trip for breakfast and another for lunch.

Back then, the food was good but the character interaction was fantastic. The princesses were all amazing. Each one taking time with Dd and even with her 18 year old brother! Lol.

Sad to hear that perhaps it’s not as good anymore.

Oh I'm not happy to hear this :( We have a pre-MK opening reservation for our trip in May, I'm wondering if I should save the money and apply towards a different experience instead..

Oh I'm not happy to hear this :( We have a pre-MK opening reservation for our trip in May, I'm wondering if I should save the money and apply towards a different experience instead..

We have one in Feb. Remember, everyone's perceptions of everything (and restaurant/interaction/etc) are different. You can read a million posts about how people loved CRT. Or - look at the posts about Ohana - big swings of opinion there!

We've never eaten in the castle. This is my daughter's first time going (she's 7), and perhaps last. We're going on a Disney Cruise afterwards, so we'll have a million opportunities to meet the princesses on the ship. We're still doing a CRT bkfst, just because we want to have the experience and see the inside of the castle. With all due respect to the OP and her (admittedly not so great) experience, many others have had wonderful ones. So, we're keeping ours!

We haven't eaten there in a few years. It is a neat experience to eat in the castle, and if it were up to my kids, we'd eat there every time we visit. The food is good but not worth the almost $300 it costs our family to eat there. I'd rather spend $300 on a lot of other things than that. But I agree with others that what one person thinks is worth it is not the same as another person.

We have one in Feb. Remember, everyone's perceptions of everything (and restaurant/interaction/etc) are different. You can read a million posts about how people loved CRT. Or - look at the posts about Ohana - big swings of opinion there!

We've never eaten in the castle. This is my daughter's first time going (she's 7), and perhaps last. We're going on a Disney Cruise afterwards, so we'll have a million opportunities to meet the princesses on the ship. We're still doing a CRT bkfst, just because we want to have the experience and see the inside of the castle. With all due respect to the OP and her (admittedly not so great) experience, many others have had wonderful ones. So, we're keeping ours!

That's a really good point, my concern was a knee-jerk reaction due to the cost. We ate lunch at CRT once when my daughter was 1, but she doesn't really remember it (although I sure do!). I think I'll keep the ADR, at least for now, unless we find another experience we'd rather do. Thanks for talking me down!

@EllNat11 Lol no problem.

We get too caught up in the details (and the $$) of these trips. It will be magical, no matter what u decide!!

Sorry you didn't have an enjoyable breakfast. We had lunch there for the first time in November and it was fantastic. We don't have kids, so it was just DH and I. We got a prime window seat overlooking Fantasyland, had a lovely server, nice visits with the princesses and food that was much better than we were expecting after reading all the reviews here about how bad the food was.

I booked the royal table breakfast for the same reason. My great nieces are 7 and 5. I want their first Disney visit to be special so I thought they would like eating in The castle. I am going into this for them to have the experience.

Sorry you didn't have an enjoyable breakfast. We had lunch there for the first time in November and it was fantastic. We don't have kids, so it was just DH and I. We got a prime window seat overlooking Fantasyland, had a lovely server, nice visits with the princesses and food that was much better than we were expecting after reading all the reviews here about how bad the food was.

I've eaten here three times (once at each meal) always as only adults - and lunch was solo - and had the same experience as you: food way better than expected based on reviews, fantastic interactions with the princesses and truly great service!

My family has dined several times, both for lunch and for dinner. Every time but the last line was really a wonderful experience, both in terms of food and service, as well as Princess interaction. The last tiem was dinner, and it was fine, but a bit more hectic than the other times.

I think every restaurant has a bad day, and I think everyone has a different expection of what an experience will be. WHen you combine the two, expectations and an off day, the result can be very upsetting to the guest.

If you have an ADR and if your budget is not straining to keep it, then go and see for yourself.

If you really are second guessing CRT then I suggest AKershus Breakfast. It is my favorite Princess breakfast. And less money. You still meet all the Princesses, however you do nto pay as much.

OP- you got a bonus when you had breakfast. Rapunzel does not normally stop into CRT> My little PRincess woudl have been too excited to eat one bite if Punzie showed up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter