CRT & Akershus

MeghanG855

Earning My Ears
I have CRT booked (on a party night of course) and Akershus booked as part of the CP package. DH thinks that we should do something else instead of Akershus since we're already going to CRT (I suggested cancelling since it's a party night, but he really wants to bring the kids there so we're going to keep it) So...would Akershus be a waste of time since we are already meeting the princesses at CRT? He would prefer Coral Reef for the CP package instead of Akershus.

I don't know that it's a waste of time, necessarily. The princess overlap between CRT and Akershus is usually 3/5 or 4/5, though, and it sounds like your husband sees these meals as about the princesses, rather than about the food.

If that's the case, I'd go with Coral Reef for him.

I don't know that it's a waste of time, necessarily. The princess overlap between CRT and Akershus is usually 3/5 or 4/5, though, and it sounds like your husband sees these meals as about the princesses, rather than about the food.

If that's the case, I'd go with Coral Reef for him.

He would rather book one TS restaurant based on the food, rather than the characters that will be there. (Which I know...Coral Reef isn't the best place to choose food wise lol, but he likes it) We're only staying 3 nights and the other TS we're doing besides CRT is CM.

You know, when you add that context... give the man his ADR. You got princesses, you got Mickey. A few fish will be pleasant.

I have CRT booked (on a party night of course) and Akershus booked as part of the CP package. DH thinks that we should do something else instead of Akershus since we're already going to CRT (I suggested cancelling since it's a party night, but he really wants to bring the kids there so we're going to keep it) So...would Akershus be a waste of time since we are already meeting the princesses at CRT? He would prefer Coral Reef for the CP package instead of Akershus.
I agree that Akershus is a bit of priness overkill when you're already doing CRT. Try San Angel Inn, instead.

You know, when you add that context... give the man his ADR. You got princesses, you got Mickey. A few fish will be pleasant.
Hahaha! You are right...I don't know why it is so hard for me to make these decisions, especially when we still have 4 months till our vacation!

Hahaha! You are right...I don't know why it is so hard for me to make these decisions, especially when we still have 4 months till our vacation!
I gave my husband Biergarten. It was his only request. He's going to ensure CRT, Crystal Palace and Tusker House in exchange for pretzel buns and beer. :drinking1

Having done both before, we would never do both CRT and Akershus on the same trip. Akershus is a big bang for the buck, especially on the dining plan, but Akershus food doesn't rank in our top 10.

Coral Reef is in our top five (love the views, and it has some nostalgia for us). Food there has ranged from pretty good to great. Kind of don't know what to expect. Our family of 5 requests a booth up by the tank and are willing to wait for it.

Dan

Having done both before, we would never do both CRT and Akershus on the same trip. Akershus is a big bang for the buck, especially on the dining plan, but Akershus food doesn't rank in our top 10.

Coral Reef is in our top five (love the views, and it has some nostalgia for us). Food there has ranged from pretty good to great. Kind of don't know what to expect. Our family of 5 requests a booth up by the tank and are willing to wait for it.

Dan

Good to know! We would be willing to wait too. We have a party of 7...do you think that they can fit a party that large near the tanks? I haven't been there in about 8 years so I don't remember.

Good to know! We would be willing to wait too. We have a party of 7...do you think that they can fit a party that large near the tanks? I haven't been there in about 8 years so I don't remember.

Yes, absolutely. The C shaped booths are perfect for 7 people. Three of our trips have had one or other set of parents with us and we were a party of 7. We were in one of those booths every time. That really makes a big difference in the experience at Coral Reef.

Dan

Yes, absolutely. The C shaped booths are perfect for 7 people. Three of our trips have had one or other set of parents with us and we were a party of 7. We were in one of those booths every time. That really makes a big difference in the experience at Coral Reef.

Dan

Do you usually request the booth when you go to check in or when you book the reservation?

If you've done both CRT and Akershus in the same trip, has your kid ever realized that the same princesses are different people between the two restaurants? I can just picture DD loudly proclaiming "That isn't the Belle from yesterday!"

Sorry to hijack, but also have a question about these 2! We have both booked on different nights. Free dining plan...5 yr old boy and just turned 2 yr old girl. I'm leaning toward cancelling CRT because it takes double dining credits and catching it on our next rip when our daughter is old enough to appreciate it. Thoughts?

We do both Akershus and CRT every trip. I can see that some would think it is princess overkill, but I figure the window that my girls will be super excited to dine with princesses is small and we will have plenty of time to explore the other choices as they get older. Plus, my husband and 2-year-old son don't care either way. I will add that CRT is 100 percent for the experience. The food is not good. Lol

Sorry to hijack, but also have a question about these 2! We have both booked on different nights. Free dining plan...5 yr old boy and just turned 2 yr old girl. I'm leaning toward cancelling CRT because it takes double dining credits and catching it on our next rip when our daughter is old enough to appreciate it. Thoughts?

If you do decide to cancel CRT and are traveling 10/1-10/4, I'd love to know when you cancel so I can pick it up!

We are going the first week of December! Family of 4! ;) I can't seem to get a decent ressie for CRT (that isn't at 10 pm or later)....I'm thinking taking a Arkerhaus ressie on the day my daughter does the Bibbity Boppity Boutique. If you happen to cancel your CRT....I may be interested in snatching it up! :) Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter