Crowds @ Stormalong Bay

lizfromfl

Mouseketeer
I am considering changing my August CBR reservation for either the Yacht or Beach Club. My only concern is the ability to swim in the afternoon and/or evenings. Does anyone know the August hours for Stormalong Bay?

I have also seen quite a few posts about how crowded it is. Are you really able to have a good time if the pool is packed?

Thanks for your help.

:wave:

Hi,
We were there last August. Our stay was in the middle of the week when they decided to inforce the wrist bands. At the beginning of the week (with no wristband) it was next to impossible to get chairs. It was just packed!! The pool is very large and there was always plenty of room to play in the pool but you couldn't get a chair for anything! Midway thru our stay they started checking ID's and giving you a wristband. This was wonderful! What a difference that made. Everytime we went to the pool we ALWAYS managed to get chairs!! It was amazing to me how many people had been there who weren't suppose to be. At that time the pool was open until 11 p.m. It may have changed now. I'm sure you will love the pool. I've read numerous reports from people in the last year and just about everyone says that they are still checking resort ID's. Have fun!

Thanks for your responses! Since it sounds like the pool won't be too much of an issue I think I'll call and see what kind of rate I can get.

:wave:

We just returned from WDW and ate at Beaches and Cream Mon. afternoon. Stormalong Bay was not crowded when we walked by.

Hi Liz,

We're leaving next Friday (finally!!!!!) for a 10 day stay at the BC. I was also concerned about what time Stormalong Bay closed and I called the BC to find out. I was told that it will be open to 10 P.M. through the month of August. I didn't ask if this meant open with lifeguard to 10 P.M. then swim at your own risk or if it completely shuts down at 10 P.M. no admittance at all. I suspect it completely closes for safety reasons. There may also be swimming at the quiet pools later, I didn't ask about that, either!

Have a great trip!

Does anyone know the hours for Stromalong Bay the end of Sept./beginning of Oct.?

When there are no lifeguards present, Stormalong Bay is closed. The quiet pools are open 24/7.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter