Crowds now and next few weeks

diddldonna

Disney crazy :)
Is there anyway to find out what the current crowd levels are and how they might be in next few weeks?

I think easywdw has the best resource for reading about the ebb and flow of the crowds and how to minimize wait times.

As for how they are, they'll be lower in August and September as kids return to school, then start picking up again in the fall and peaking with the holidays.

Wait times for the popular attractions will continue to be long because of fast pass, no matter when you go.

Seems like crowds were down considerably about this time last year through mid-to-late September. Of course it's generally very hot & humid at this time too. If you can deal with the temps it might be a good time to go.:earsboy:

I’m heading down Monday and will post what it’s like. Assuming this nasty Northeast weather doesn’t delay us!

They’re okay. Not Christmas crowded, but honestly, Disney has gotten so expert* at down-staffing that it pretty much “feels” crowded always (vis a vis long wait times, etc. The crowds themselves ebb and flow on the streets from a mob to sparse.) In theory, crowd levels should drop slowly but steadily throughout the month, but I would assume crowded/long waits and develop a touring plan accordingly.

(*Here now, btw, and this is not a compliment. Last week has been med crowds, but felt med-heavy based on such stellar decisions as only operating one side of Pirates, transferring off BTMRR trains early, closing down one side of the Pecos Bill toppings bar despite long lines, etc, only staffing one or two out of four available QS windows, etc. Prepare for busy.)

A lot of the schools in Florida go back to school starting the next few weeks so that in it self will cut down on attendance. Hopefully the weather will break a bit and it wont be so hot!!

Be aware that many of the attendance trackers use attendance data from the previous year. The end of August through mid-September last year had very light crowds due to the Hurricane as many people cancelled their trips and there weren't as many locals at the park. So using an attendance tracker may give you a MUCH lower prediction than is typical. Crowds do seem to be lower, in general, during that time as kids have just gone back to school so it is a great time to visit but I have seen a few trackers that are predicting almost empty parks for the next several weeks which is not typical but based upon last year's attendance.

Was at HS and Epcot yesterday, both parks had pretty considerable crowds. Quite a bit bigger than they were about 3 weeks ago

In my area kids started back to school this past Friday. So over the next 2 weeks more and more will be heading back which should lower the park craziness slightly

We just got back. I found daytime crowds to be normal for a busy August. Long lines for headliners and minor attractions having 20-40 minute waits. What was interesting was MK had extremely low crowds at night the couple times we were there at 10-11. Less than 25 minutes for everything and basically walk on and off minor attractions. Same at Epcot. Walked right onto Soarin one night. HS was very busy at night

I think easywdw has the best resource for reading about the ebb and flow of the crowds and how to minimize wait times........
I don't think that site has been updated since spring of 2017.
I use Touringplans.

Here now, not wall to wall, but not light crowds either. 40 minute wait for Figment ?

Here now, not wall to wall, but not light crowds either. 40 minute wait for Figment ?

Yep. Yesterday at about 2pm Living with the land was 55min, Figment 30, Soarin 35, TT like 150

It was pretty busy

The site is updated several times a week. The crowds are discussed at length, and in great detail in the stories.

These days, how to visit the parks and maximize fast pass is the key avoiding lines. That site goes into great detail on those and many other things.
Hmmmm..?? I will check again. Because when I logged in it only showed crowd calendars for 2017. I did see other stories from recently.... but not a calendar for 2018. I will look again. Thanks!

Hmmmm..?? I will check again. Because when I logged in it only showed crowd calendars for 2017. I did see other stories from recently.... but not a calendar for 2018. I will look again. Thanks!

He does not do crowd calendars anymore. He does updates with extensive charts of wait times over the month.

He does not do crowd calendars anymore. He does updates with extensive charts of wait times over the month.
Ohhhh! I see. I guess that is more than I need. I just want something quick and simple just as a reference. The planning has gotten way too detailed and complicated. Thanks

Ohhhh! I see. I guess that is more than I need. I just want something quick and simple just as a reference. The planning has gotten way too detailed and complicated. Thanks

I think planning has actually become more simple because these days the parks always have long standby lines for major attractions. "Low crowds" means a few less people walking around, but the lines are still too long for me. It doesn't matter to me if the line for Pirates is 60 minutes or 70. I'm not waiting that long.

What does this mean? I think that picking a day to go will have far less impact than when you arrive at the parks, what attractions you decide to visit first and how to maximize your use of fastpass.

Here is your simple reference. Get to the parks at rope drop and take advantage of the early shorter lines. Use your fast passes as crowds build. Use up your fast passes and then try to get more by refreshing.

Thank you for those whom have shared there tips, we have looked t our plans and going to do a few mornings of extra magic hours and rope drop to get the moment out of our days x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter