• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowds in sept.

presleyg

Mouseketeer
we are planning to visit universal/IoA in sept, the week after Labor day. Any guess on crowds? which days are better? How many days should we go? Our kids our 14,11,9 & 5 so we hope there is a good mix of attrations to keep everyone happy. Thanks!

We have gone that same week for the past two years. Crowds have never been a problem at either of the Universal parks. We have found this a great time of year to go. (even though last year the parks closed because of the 11th and it poured every day). Even on the weekends it's nothing like Disney on weekends. I think one day in each park is enough. IOA is my families favorite park.

I will be going to WDW,the last week in August and want to get there a day early to go to Universal. It would be on a Sat. Is it worth spending the xtra money to stay on the property for the FOTL ? Are the crowds thinner then as alot of schools are back in session? Thanks

Crowds generally stay high through August until after Labor Day. Then crowds drop to the lowest levels through the year. Crowds may start to thin out during the last week of August, but they won't drop significantly until after Labor Day.

We'll be there 9/8 thru 9/14. Last year the crowds were minimal but it rained every afternoon. The trick was to get up early & enjoy the morning & early afternoon. By the time it started raining we just headed for the hotel. But the year before last, it never rained, just was overcast, which was great since it gave us a break from the heat :p . Go figure lol ! Regardless, it's a great time to avoid crowds. :bounce: :Pinkbounc

hey, we'll be there from 9/8-9/14 and then on to Disney! We're doing the rest of orlando thing untill the 15th.

We were there 8/28-9/19 last years and its was heaven compared to July 2000.

Did not have to wait anywhere and we had FOTL (via HRH). From 8/29 it was light but as you can imagine after 9/11, everywhere was a ghost town with the exception of us and thousands of stranded Brits.

We back 9/20-10/1 (Who wants to be flying 9/11?) With the memorial etc I would expect this time to be quiet. However expect this Summer to be ABSOLUTE Hell!

Any suggestions as to what park on what day? We're planning for Sea World, Bush Gardens, IOA & universal, and wet-n-wild water park. We'd also like to spend a little time at the beach- any nice family beaches close? We have mon-sat before we head to disney. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter