crowds in December

The Princess

<font color=green>Smiles everytime a check is writ
My niece is planning on going and staying at the Contemporary December 27-31. What do you think the crowds will be like?

I think she will be so happy she is at the Contemporary for those dates.
Does she have her Park Reservations, I hope.
I was going to say I think it will be crowded but should say I know

That week is typically one of the busiest weeks of the entire year. How will it look with COVID measures and the park reservation system? I don't think anyone really knows.

I went two years ago and it was miserable. Unbelievably busy. In Covid times, I would expect every park to be at capacity.

That is usually a great week - not too crowded. I am going again this year at that time.
Week after Thanksgiving would be my pick in Dec. too, based on expectations of lower crowds relative to Dec. Did it the past 2 yrs. Last yr was a bit different due to grand opening of RotR, and it was pretty busy but still doable.

I think most of us are guessing higher crowd limits than now for this Dec., and if not, at least higher crowds than now obviously. We experienced much lower crowds this month, but something like 2/3 historical Sept. wait times.

What about Dec. 4-9? We have been the week between Christmas and New Year’s so have seen the crowds.

What about Dec. 4-9? We have been the week between Christmas and New Year’s so have seen the crowds.
We were there Thanksgiving through Sat 12/7/19. It was very crowded Thanksgiving through Sun., and much more moderate Mon-Fri., with an uptick on Sat.

12/4-12/9 would be comparable/bit less crowds IMO, given your 1st weekend is likely to be less busy than Thanksgiving wknd, and your weekdays would be moderate crowds. Your 1st wknd is normally Pop Warner, which may affect you a bit if staying at a Value Resort, but it appears that 2020's events will not be at ESPN WWS Complex. It will be at the Orange County Conv. Center instead this yr.
https://www.popwarner.com/championships
Especially if you avoid picking HS for Sat 12/5 (i.e. M-W instead), you could have a manageable trip. Probably more so than years past, with the capacity restrictions.

That is when I went two years ago and it was a great time to go. I am going again this year for that first week, so slightly earlier timeframe but its a good time to go

My guess is these days will be the busiest five days since the parks reopened. I also guess that these dates will be the least busy for those same dates have been in many years, perhaps ever.

My guess is these days will be the busiest five days since the parks reopened. I also guess that these dates will be the least busy for those same dates have been in many years, perhaps ever.
It's been busier progressively since mid July reopening, but most of us suspect an uptick in capacity has recently occurred since the governor encouraged full capacity for WDW and the other parks. Last Sat had some high wait times, few in the 100's. This wknd will be relatively busy with Columbus Day more popular than a lot of people realize. I'd think Thanksgiving wknd will be the busiest to date, until Christmas/NY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter