Crowds from Marathon Weekend (Jan 2019)

suprgrlx

Mouseketeer
We've been planning a last minute January trip, but I recently realized that it's over the Marathon weekend. We could move it, but then it would be over MLK Day weekend. Any experience on which is better?

we have gone Marathon week for the last 25 years and usually the crowds are lower. Always get exactly what we want regarding fast passes and restaurants.
I think its a great time to go, although the weather can be a bit iffy.

Sometimes there are a few changes (delays) to the bus schedule but overall I have found that it's a good time to go. Weather is cooler but I'm coming from below zero some years so the 50's and 60's still feel good!

I thought Marathon Weekend was earlier this year. Is that correct?

Just make sure you are aware of the stresses the Marathon puts on transportation. Last year on the Saturday of marathon weekend we got stuck on a bus going from POR to MK at 8:45 in the morning for over an hour, maybe even an hour and a half. If we would have planned differently though, it would have been great. When we finally got into MK, it felt pretty empty. I think everyone else was stuck in traffic too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter