Crowds for next week? [4/22-4/26, Week After Easter]

Was also at epcot today, honestly not as terrible as I thought? Touring plans had it as a 10. We got there at 1045, used SE FP (which did take about 10-15 min), walked around WS eating til almost 2, FP soaring, FP Land (stand by was 20 i think), was able to snag a 2:50 Test Track as my 4th FP (party of 4) so did Nemo and had a Starbucks/watchbthe Jammitors break til then. Headed back to hotel to check in, went back at 6, did more WS, Mexico ride, food booth lines were short.
Exceeded my expectations of what we would get done.

Was also at epcot today, honestly not as terrible as I thought? Touring plans had it as a 10. We got there at 1045, used SE FP (which did take about 10-15 min), walked around WS eating til almost 2, FP soaring, FP Land (stand by was 20 i think), was able to snag a 2:50 Test Track as my 4th FP (party of 4) so did Nemo and had a Starbucks/watchbthe Jammitors break til then. Headed back to hotel to check in, went back at 6, did more WS, Mexico ride, food booth lines were short.
Exceeded my expectations of what we would get done.

Me too! I stayed at Epcot until 12:30 and then hopped over to AK. I was moving quickly (solo) and got 11 attractions in between the two parks before a very early bedtime. It felt crowded enough to need a good strategy but not quite wall-to-wall. AK FPs were nearly gone (searching 1 person).

We just returned home yesterday, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised at how manageable the crowds were. It was our first time going for spring break, so I was expecting terrible crowds, but I have experienced much worse in early October and mid-December. We rope dropped each park and and did morning EMH at AK and Epcot. We were able to do much more than I anticipated. Friday was not a planned park day for us, but three of us ended up going late morning and we were able to get FPs for anything we wanted, including a mid-afternoon 7DMT. It rained on and off that afternoon and then the park felt empty. We walked up to a great view of HEA just 10 minutes before showtime and there was lots of breathing room! I hope you have an amazing trip!

We are here now. Magic Kingdom is not that crowded. We will be here all next week also but we were worried about Easter crowds too. So here it is, Easter Sunday and it’s not crowded. We didn’t get to the park until 10:45 and so far have rode Space, Buzz, teacups, barnstormer, Ariel, Pooh, Peter Pan, regal carousel, haunted mansion, big thunder, splash, tiki room, jungle cruise and pirates and also ate lunch at CRT. We are about to sit down for dinner at the plaza (8:00pm)and there are more FP+ available for many rides. Longest standby we had was jungle cruise at 30 min. It’s really not that bad today.

Arrived at Epcot today at 300 and was pleasantly surprised. Feels way lighter than previous Thanksgiving and Easter crowds. Hoping it keeps up for the rest of the week.

We were also at EPCOT all day today and thought it was only moderate crowds. We did Easter stuff at the hotel this morning and didn’t get to the park until 10:30. On the monorail ride over the parking lots for MK looked pretty empty and so were EPCOT’s. We were able to so Soarin, LWTL, Figment, meet Ralph and Vanillapie, Nemo, Anna and Elsa, relax in WS, Three Cabelleros, enjoy F&G booths, spend 45 in a play area, ADR at Teppan Edu, FEA, Spaceship Earth, and had a FP for Illunminations. Hoping for similar crowds the rest of the week.

The reason the parks weren't that crowded is because everyone was in the lobby at the Grand Floridian!!! :teeth::teeth::teeth:

Great day again. Early morning at Magic Kingdom seemed to be a breeze with the only problem being Splash closed for a good while in the morning. Was able to score a FastPass for 5 to TSM in the evening followed by a 15 minute wait at AS2. The biggest surprise for me was only a 28 minute wait at SDD getting in line 5 minutes before close.

Today, Monday 4/22 crowds not bad. Arrived at HS at 10:50. Hit TSL for our SDD FP then did AS2 standby before our 12:00 TSMM FP. Lunch at 50's then RnR coaster FP. Seen Lightning McQueen Racing Academy then headed to Epcot via Friendship Boat. Did Figment Standby 10 minute wait. FP for TT then standby MS orange 20 minute posted 15 actual wait time. Headed to FEA for our FP then Teppan Edo dinner before Illuminations. Overall great day, we didn't rush at all and covered a lot of attractions. Hoping for low crowds again tomorrow at AK!

Worlds (All-star Cheer) :cheer2:is this weekend, I don't know about park crowds but they should be arriving any day now.:cutie: We can't wait to watch the events!

Last edited:
Today’s pretty busy at MK. got here for rope drop and got a lot done but the crowds have been building. We sat down for lunch at 1 and was pretty busy. 135 minute wait for SM, but we were still able to grab a FP for laugh floor at 2:10.

My only since of comparison is Disneyland since this is our first trip to MK. I found 0800 to 1000, actually surprisingly light. We were are able to accomplish a lot in just two hours, and then from 1000 to 1200 time to cash in the FP+. During that period from 1000 to 1200, the crowds went to slightly uncomfortable but still much better than what I thought it would be for a spring break crowd. Even then we bailed after riding Seven Dwarves (FP+) around 1pm, and went back to the hotel to rest. Most of the popular rides were hovering one to two hour waits. So it was the perfect time to rest.

I'm trying to figure out what the difference was. I think with Disneyland the early starts don't necessarily pay off because it feels like they aren't operating at max efficiency. Big Thunder for example might just have one side operating. But DW (or at least MK), an early start pays off much more. And then around noon when everything is maxed out at MK, it might not feel as crowded as DL because it is larger. However you can only squeeze so much lemon juice out of a lemon, so at that point the stand by lines become not practical. I can't ever imagine waiting 2 hours for jungle cruise. Pass.

Overall, I found today a very pleasant and enjoyable day at MK. Walking through adventure land and frontier land threw off my bearings. I guess I need Matterhorn as my sense of where I am at :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter