Crowds at WDW vs. DL

Dolf

Earning My Ears
My wife and I will be staying at WDW from 6/15-6/29/2016. We're regular DL goers, but have been to WDW a few times. Our last trip to WDW was in May 2009 when the economy wasn't doing so great, so most rides were practically a walk-on. To give you an idea of how crowded DL and DCA have been lately, you can't walk anywhere without someone bumping into you. "Personal space" is just a thing of the past. For anyone who happens to be bi-coastal, what kind of crowds can we expect when we go in June?

My wife and I will be staying at WDW from 6/15-6/29/2016. We're regular DL goers, but have been to WDW a few times. Our last trip to WDW was in May 2009 when the economy wasn't doing so great, so most rides were practically a walk-on. To give you an idea of how crowded DL and DCA have been lately, you can't walk anywhere without someone bumping into you. "Personal space" is just a thing of the past. For anyone who happens to be bi-coastal, what kind of crowds can we expect when we go in June?
Like DL on a Saturday.

we went to WDW Feb 28 - March 7 this year and it was fantastic.... moved back to west coast in June and bought our AP's for Disneyland and good grief... we will go for a while starting early in the morning but by 4:30pm I have had enough of the crashing, toe stepping etc.... so I am looking forward to going back to WDW in late August lol

Being DL AP holders for many years along with multiple visits to WDW, my impression is that the WDW parks handle the crowds a bit better mostly due to the larger size of the parks, the increased spacing between attractions, and the wider walkways contained therein.

The larger walkways are a plus in WDW.

I was there on the 2nd day of Food and Wine this year - considered an extremely crowded day - and the walkways weren't as crowded as DL's Tomorrowland on a Friday or Saturday evening.

Last year, we were in Epcot and DHS in mid-June and personal space was aplenty even in DHS on the last day of SWW - similar to DL before 10:00a on any day of the week.

I was there on the 2nd day of Food and Wine this year - considered an extremely crowded day - and the walkways weren't as crowded as DL's Tomorrowland on a Friday or Saturday evening.

Is anything as crowded as Tomorrowland at DL? It's so poorly laid out, and the pylons for the unused PeopleMover track and the bottleneck to get around Astro-Orbiter make it a nightmare!

Even when WDW is crowded, it never quite feels like DL due to the additional space. Ride wait times on the other hand can be just as bad.

MK seems more crowded than DL to me, usually. My wife and I think it might be all the strollers at MK. We don't see nearly as many at DL.

Is anything as crowded as Tomorrowland at DL? It's so poorly laid out, and the pylons for the unused PeopleMover track and the bottleneck to get around Astro-Orbiter make it a nightmare!

Even when WDW is crowded, it never quite feels like DL due to the additional space. Ride wait times on the other hand can be just as bad.
Yeah- the area in Adventureland between the Tiki Room and Indy Jones in DL is the absolute worst. Total gridlock at times!

Yeah- the area in Adventureland between the Tiki Room and Indy Jones in DL is the absolute worst. Total gridlock at times!

And nearby, New Orleans Square when they push everyone by the Blue Bayou

After visiting DLR on a nondescript October weekend, I will never again complain about crowds at WDW. Even the busiest days out here (that I have experienced) pale in comparison to Saturday night at DLR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter