• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowds Around Easter 2020

ckohl

Earning My Ears
My parents are taking my brother and his family to Disney for the first time the week after Easter. Any guesses on how the crowds may be?

im guessing busy ( Im going that time ) . easter is busy and then the weekend after is star war run weekend . you will have easter crowd for half the week then run weekend people the rest of the time

im guessing busy ( Im going that time ) . easter is busy and then the weekend after is star war run weekend . you will have easter crowd for half the week then run weekend people the rest of the time
I did not realize the Star Wars Marathon was later that week. Good to know!

Yeah there is 5km Friday, 10km sat and 21km Sunday. Last year 10 and 21km started at magic kingdom then went to Hollywood studios then finished at epcot (21 also went to AK). They start pretty early at 530 am but might still be a few early Road closures

Easter is April 12
Star wars run is the weekend before (April 4-7)
Northeastern states have April vacation (I can only speak for MA's week being April 20-24 with the last day of school being 4/17)

I would expect Easter weekend to be busy, but how the rest of your stay plays out will depend on which end of the holiday the rest of your vacation falls.

Disney is always busy. I've done Easter and Summer and honestly Easter "felt" no different crowd levels and actually felt way nicer when the hours were extended (7am EMH were awesome). We have had beautiful, cool not crowded mornings over Easter that we did not experience over summer (we always took advantage of 7am EMH's though so if they don't have that opportunity or if the hours aren't extended which wouldn't surprise me it might not be the same experience). It was definitely less crowded in the afternoons/evenings during summer but with us not being use to Florida heat it didn't make us like the afternoons more. The trick is to always arrive an hour before rope drop.

I've gone during 3 Easter vacations and nothing happened that would prevent me from doing it again :)

Last edited:

We went the week after Easter last year, and it was a great week. Crowds steadily declined throughout the week.

The Rival Run is at the end of the week, but it is also the least popular of the Disney Race weekends and the crowds aren't affected as much as they are during say Marathon weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter