Crowd report, "Magic File" info, pics and Maps offer

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Today marked my (triumphant) return to Disneyland after a three-week hiatus. It was good to be back. More than good, actually.

I arrived at the park gates shortly after 7:00. Lines were longer than I'd hoped and they only got longer as the morning wore on (of course -- they never get shorter ;-)). But once our APs were scanned and we entered the park, it became clear that the majority of people were there for SWL so we needn't have worried. We went straight to the Fantasyland rope drop and waited for the park to open. When the rope went down and guests began to stream in, there were a few runners. A friend has been there for the past three Sundays and told me that he hasn't seen any in those three weeks, which is something of a record, as far as I'm concerned. In my experience, that's something that only happens about once every five weeks.

We were second on PP, Toad was a walk-on and, as a complete first for me, so was Dumbo. I've never walked on to that. But when we entered the queue, the CM simply let us pass through the turnstile and board any elephant of our choice. We then rode Alice and Snow White with virtually no wait. Then on to Buzz, of course.

Did reasonably well on Buzz today. For my first game, I scored about 1.8M. Later, I beat that with something around 1.9M. Unfortunately, my score came through but with no accompanying pic so I had to be content with the score itself and my initials in the first place on the board. Throughout the day I scored right in that range. Nothing spectacular, though.

Now: some interesting info from a friend who's a ticketing office CM. She told me this morning that she's seen a lot of AP holders have their passes revoked recently for two main reasons. 1. For behaving "inappropriately" on Haunted Mansion (use your imaginations -- more than simply kissing, she said). 2. Adults furnishing underage guests with alcohol. Apparently that's very common at DCA. Fortunately, she also informed me that my name was not in the Magic File (a database in which the names of problematic guests are entered and tracked. Many guests have pages of entries associated with their name, I'm told). Some of you may recall that about six weeks ago, a guest sprinted at rope drop for PP. Just prior to the queue, a security CM stepped out and put his hand up to stop him but he simply ran around him. As you can imagine, this angered him. I was not far behind and was moving faster than was advisable. The security CM pulled the first guy out of the PP queue (he was the first person in... temporarily) and demanded his pass, which he scanned. He asked me for mine too. I wasn't sure if he scanned it, though. The first guy was kind of a jerk to him, whereas I was far more polite and apologized. In any event, she checked to see if I'd been added to the Magic File as a result of that incident. I had not been. My record remains spotless ;-).

As an aside, people from the board often approach me to say hello. That happened shortly after the park opened. Cate from Phoenix (@CateinPhoenix) found me and we talked for a few mins. It's always nice when that happens. Also, David from Fresh Baked passed me around 1:15 as I sipped my tea at the head of Main Street. That's only the second time that I've seen him.

I've posted some pics below. Nothing exceptional. I was the first person in and got my customary empty Main Street pic. As I've said many times, it's only like that for a few seconds. Then it's gone until the following morning.

Lastly, I picked up several sets of maps, if anyone would like one. Please send me a direct message with your preferred mailing address (domestic only, please. Unless you're a deserving case and can convince me of that ;-)).

IMG_1034.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

As I approached the FL-side rope drop. No one there yet.
IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1051.JPG

IMG_1058.JPG

Did OK on Buzz today. Would have broke 2M on my best game but I lost count of my score and didn't want to blow past 2,096,000 and lose everything (as I've done so many times before).
IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

IMG_1070.JPG

Last edited:
A few more small pics, one of which illustrates a nice addition to Pizza Planet: water is now available from the soda fountain. The last time I was there, it was only avail via the tea dispenser. Hopefully that means that soda water may also come back soon. Unlikely, I know. But still a hope :-).IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

Last edited:
I would not have thought those were the top 2 things people are getting their passes revoked for right now. I definitely thought it was going to be something along the lines of people who had figured out how to monetize the $99 special. Sheesh!

Hey I just noticed your profile pic lindyv321....judging by overhead gondolas and the film quality this looks vintage. I love vintage photos of DL (1990's and prior). Too bad there isn't a forum here dedicated to vintage DL photos!

Glad you're back at DLR!

Did you get one of those cupcakes? They look YUM.

Actually, I didn't. I don't eat refined sugar. I've been off it for more than 30 years. I tend to over-secrete insulin when I eat it and then crash almost immediately. It's like reverse diabetes or when a diabetic takes too much insulin. Even if I didn't have a problem with it, it's a good thing to avoid. It's simply empty calories. As a result (I'm also a vegetarian and don't eat deep-fried foods), I still weigh just about what I weighed in high school - 141 Lbs. :-). People often guess that I'm 20 years younger than I am, which always makes my day :-). In fact, I volunteered as a tutor for kids after school recently and they'd always guess that I was in my 20s. I don't get that as much these days but when I do, I accept it regardless of the source ;-).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter