crowd question, but not the usual type

EuropeanLiam

Earning My Ears
what is the reasoning behind disney websites saying that animal kingdom should be avoided on tuesaday? what makes it more crowded on a tuesday than any other day?

same with magic kingdom on a monday? why would more people go to magic kingdom on monday than say sunday or wednesday?

Morning EMH leads to higher crowds but they are on different days than what you're suggesting. AK is Monday & Saturday, MK is Tuesday & Friday, Epcot Thursday and HS is Sunday mornings.

There are no crowd calendars that are valid anymore. All crowd levels will be 7 or higher, with most being higher. WDW during the recession had crowds of 7-8 based on previous travel history. That was with 50% less people going. Now, if you double the people, the crowd calendars say 8. What is that based off of? It should be 14 if the number of people there are 2x the data being used. And how does WDW artificially increase the crowds? By reducing the park hours. This means more people trying to do everything in a shorter period of time.

You would have to ask the crowd calendar. They might be using a lot of information including their own multi-year historical data for what days of the week each park tends to be busier.

I do find mondays to be very crowded at magic kingdom compared to other days of the week. If you go by prices for resort rooms, sunday - thursday are cheaper rooms than if you included friday or saturday into your plans. MK is many peoples first park and going by the logic that many don't hit a park on travel day, those arriving sunday hit mk on monday. And those arriving on friday or saturday might be ready for day 2 at MK on monday. Then there is weekend things going on at espn so now they are done with their weekend stuff and guess what, they hit MK as the first park as well.

but that might not be why it happens. It might be because everyone thinks weekends are more crowded so they all wait for monday to hit mk.

I realized that crowd calendars are useless when we went a few years ago at the end of January and the crowds were higher then when we would go during Memorial Day. HS was supposed to be a 5, the weather was also terrible that day, and the waits for everything were 60+ min. The new 7 is equal to the old 9 or 10. The only thing I might use the calendars for anymore is to help decide which park to visit on specific days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter