Crowd predictions for month before SWL opens?

jsgrant5

Mouseketeer
Thinking of going the end of April or in May of 2019. I see SWL is scheduled to open in June so I know the parks will be crazy busy all summer. Do you think the crowds will be smaller the month before or will people be trying to do what I am doing?

Probably packed with people who are trying to go before the Star Wars crowds show up. But from my experience in the past, the last 3 or 4 days of April has been a great time to go. But this coming year it might be different with people trying to get in that last trip before all that madness. No real way of knowing yet.

Make sure you take a look at spring break schedules and AP blackouts, too. The last week or so before an AP blackout the parks will probably be swamped with locals in the afternoons and evenings getting their Disney fix in :)

Thinking of going the end of April or in May of 2019. I see SWL is scheduled to open in June so I know the parks will be crazy busy all summer. Do you think the crowds will be smaller the month before or will people be trying to do what I am doing?
Did I miss an announcement?!? I know the rumor is likely late May or June, but I hadn't seen an actual confirmed month.

Don't forget to check the Grad Nite schedule -- those start in May and will add to the crowds to some extent. But the fact that Disney is still having Grad Nites would seem to indicate that they don't anticipate huge crowds in May.

June is complete speculation based on AP blockout dates. I think the months leading up to SWL opening will be very very busy. Plenty of people going to avoid the SWL crowds.

:rotfl2:

So... seeing as we’re the DIS Boards our pools will be run in Pixie Dust pixiedust: right?

Gheez....!!! after spending all of last night with the extended family ironing all plans on what to do with the lottery money.....I now have to hire a lawyer to gain my share of the pixie dust in the pool?

two types of dust. From the movies, "pixie dust" flows from the heart of the Pixie Dust Tree. From the books, following the Pixie Dust Tree's destruction, "fairy dust" is created by grinding the molten features of Mother Dove. In its common appearance, Pixie Dust is nothing more than a golden, sparkling powder. This dust comes from special blue pixie dust which replenishes the supply. As a golden color, it enables pixies to fly. Blue dust is shown to be a powerful augment and rejuvenator. However, there are also other colors of pixie dust revealed/created in the movies, such as green, pink, orange, teal, yellow, and purple, each granting a fairy a talent or augmenting one. If a fairy's wings get wet, pixie dust cannot replenish them until they are dry. (fandom)

anyone have Albert Hammond's phone number???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter