Crowd levels Jan 26-Feb 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caravarela

Mouseketeer
Last night I got an email from Touring Plans that the predicted crowd levels for my trip went up every day in every park. Just curious, did anything change or is something special going on that would have made them go up? I'm wondering how crowded it'll really be.

My guess is that it's an adjustment. We went that time last year, and crowds were higher than previously. TP ended up raising the predicted crowd levels every day we were there.

Edit: There were no special events. It just the trend of Disney crowds increasing during the previously 'slow' times.

I received an email this morning for Feb 2-11 and the crowd levels all went up too. We were there around the same time last year and the crowds were really high compared to the previous year.

I was there 1/28-2/05 last year and it was crowded. I would plan as if their new predictions are correct. As long as you use your fastpasses well, you won't have trouble doing all that you want with minimal waits.

We arrived 2/2 last year to find several groups (cheer or dance?) at POP. It really only inconvenienced us at the bus stops. They took up two buses coming and going to MK. Both times we were told to wait for another bus as they kept the group together.

I have to say, POP handled the food court incredibly well. They had a line just for them with their meals Pre-plated and a roped off dining area. No inconvenience to the other guests at all.

Epcot was crowded on the weekends due to the Art Festival. Other than that, the parks were comfortable during the week.

same as people noted above. I have a very hard time believing that crowd level 9 or 10 is going to happen the last week of January. (not that there's anything we can do about it, if it does happen, than really carefully make our touring plans)

same as people noted above. I have a very hard time believing that crowd level 9 or 10 is going to happen the last week of January. (not that there's anything we can do about it, if it does happen, than really carefully make our touring plans)
Last year there were several 7s, 8s, and 9s at the end of January. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

I think Touring Plans updated their whole calendar last night. My crowd levels for June went up too~ I assumed because of the recent discounts released~ but from the accounts everyone is giving~ sounds like they updated their whole calendar.

Last year there were several 7s, 8s, and 9s at the end of January. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.
Just checked TP historical data. For the last 2 weeks of Jan 2018, excluding sat/sun, there were no 10s, no 9s and very few 8s, mostly 6s and 7s. definitely higher than some years prior. Still lots of ADRs, FP+s left, I'm still not buying 10s

Just checked TP historical data. For the last 2 weeks of Jan 2018, excluding sat/sun, there were no 10s, no 9s and very few 8s, mostly 6s and 7s. definitely higher than some years prior. Still lots of ADRs, FP+s left, I'm still not buying 10s
Yeah, I looked at that before I replied to you and there were a couple of 9s and 8s that week - not sure why you'd exclude the weekend. The first week of February, there are a couple of 10s too, but whatever.

I was there that time last year and it was very crowded. I wouldn't expect anything different this year. Maybe not 10s, but it'll be crowded. I guess you'll be pleasantly surprised if it's not that bad.

Ugh, those are our exact dates and I fear they will be crowded. Obviously I chose them hoping to avoid the crowds.

We were there last year, too, 2/1-2/5. We specifically choose the lightest projected long weekend to take our young grandsons. It was packed and the crowd calculators didn't react until the day when it was too late to change FPs or plans. Projected crowds when we made our plans were 3's and 4's. When we went they were 7s, 8s, and 9s.

At least they have it predicted now so you can modify if possible but I suspect they will go higher than predicted.

It was reported in a group that Touring Plans have adjusted those times based on how Disney will load rides at lesser capacity, (therefore ride lines will be longer) not higher crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter