• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowd Levels Around Easter

Strife

Earning My Ears
I'm sorry if this isn't where this should be posted, I'm new here and didn't see a section for just generalized questions.

I have seen on a few sites that their "crowd calendars" say it's less busy around Easter next year (mainly the weekend of and week after), but Disney has it listed as one of their "peak" periods so I'm confused on how that can be the case. Can anyone who has visited during these time frames tell me if this is the case or not as we are thinking of doing a visit during that time frame next year.

It shouldn't be as busy as when Easter is in March or the very beginning of April, but it will be busier than the same week (end of April) was this year. There are schools that always have vacation Easter week, and then all of NH is always off that week (and, from what I'm hearing at work, all descending on central FL that week). I believe NY and CT are off that week too, but I'm not entirely sure. I DO know that I paid a disgusting price for our Disney cruise and even our (discounted) night at All Star Movies that week, because Disney is anticipating crowds. However, they must not be getting the bookings they expected if discounts have already been released for that week. So...I would definitely expect crowds, but probably not quite mid March levels.

I'm sorry if this isn't where this should be posted, I'm new here and didn't see a section for just generalized questions.

I have seen on a few sites that their "crowd calendars" say it's less busy around Easter next year (mainly the weekend of and week after), but Disney has it listed as one of their "peak" periods so I'm confused on how that can be the case. Can anyone who has visited during these time frames tell me if this is the case or not as we are thinking of doing a visit during that time frame next year.
We visited from Maundy Thursday through Easter Monday in 2017, a year when Easter was in mid-April. Crowds were not bad. We spent Easter day itself at Epcot, and it was just fine. None of those days were anything like what the horror stories would suggest.

By contrast, we visited during Christmas week last year and it really was that busy...

Thank you for the responses. We've visited during busy times more than I can count as most of our trips have been during summer months or over spring break/Thanksgiving, so I know how bad the parks can get. We were just surprised that it was showing an average (5/10 type) crowd for those times as I would've sworn it would've been higher with the holiday. We're more than likely doing that time frame regardless as long as vacation requests go through at work for my wife and me, we just were looking forward to maybe a lighter crowd experience this time. If not, I'm sure the kids and us will still find a way to enjoy ourselves like always :)

Hmmm...I let the reports of super crowds scare me off of this Easter - its also my bday - and I booked two weeks out. Now I am wondering about that....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter