Crowd Calendars?

That is sort of how Kenny does his, rather than simply ranking them 1-10 he does a red/yellow/green approach. If someone needs something to help guide them I do find this method better than most others
Although he does put "heavy crowds", "moderate crowds", "insane crowds" etc.

Also to respond to an earlier question in this thread, Undercover Tourist does have crowd calendars, I look at that sometimes. I don't know what's most accurate

Last edited:
For the first 6 months of 2018, Saturdays were 22% busier than Sundays at MK. That's why a crowd calendar might suggest Sunday as a better day to choose. You may not care as you visit often, but that's the kind of info I'd like to know if I were a less frequent guest. https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/d...e-week-you-visit-disney-worlds-magic-kingdom/

http://www.easywdw.com/reports15/magic_kingdom_average_wait_time_by_day_week.jpg

We had APs this year, so just finished our 4th week at WDW. I based days mostly on Kenny's calendar and because of threads like this, checked Red parks wait times when we were in Green parks, looked at morning bus queues when we stayed at a value, or compared when we park hopped. I felt we had a clear advantage. We were there over 4th of July, first week of Jan, early March and October. I'm not interested in number predictions or anything, but having someone compile extra magic hours, special events and other factors is helpful in choosing park days.

But how would they know Saturdays were 22% busier than Sundays? WDW doesn't release those types of attendance figures. They're trying to base it on posted wait times, which is an incredibly flawed method. We all know posted wait times may or may not be accurate. They can be effected by weather, rides being down, random fluctuations in crowd movement or any variety of things. Easywdw even said in the article you quoted "And it’s a big reason why trying to plan which days will be “less crowded” six months in advance is oftentimes a fool’s errand." That much I agree with. Trying to predict which park will be less crowded than the other in the future, let alone WDW as a whole, is 100% a fool's errand. Very, very broad generalizations can be made, such as MK is the busiest of the 4 parks or Xmas is a very busy week. But that's it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter