Crowd Calendars- Jersey Week

I work in the NJ school system, and I’ve never been for “Jersey Week” partly because airfare from Newark is crazy.

Based on the number of people I know and work with who have gone for Jersey Week, I really doubt that the number of NJ visitors that week has much of an impact in the parks. Disney parks can absorb a lot of volume. :)

That week sounds very good to me. I like that there are only two Cmas parties that week on Thursday, the 8th and Friday, the 9th. The weather that time of year can be really nice and make sure that you pack sweatshirts.

The MK will be fully decorated for Cmas by the 8th for the first party. Holiday decor will be going up throughout that whole week. F&WF will still be happening. What’s not to like?

This was huge to us when picking Jersey Week. I really liked late August because no parties. I was back and forth about Jersey Week because in some prior years (depending on how it fell) they would have 4 parties that week. I figured with the way it fell this year there would be two parties. I'm so glad we went with Jersey Week since MNSSHP are now starting August 17. I would have been highly pissed had I picked late August and had to deal with four parties a week.

We like evenings in MK and the parties put a damper on stopping in for a few hours and the parties make non party nights completely insane.

We know it's going to be crowded. I spoke to DD about this and she said she didn't care. I'm just going in with a good plan and hoping for the best.

This was huge to us when picking Jersey Week. I really liked late August because no parties. I was back and forth about Jersey Week because in some prior years (depending on how it fell) they would have 4 parties that week. I figured with the way it fell this year there would be two parties. I'm so glad we went with Jersey Week since MNSSHP are now starting August 17. I would have been highly pissed had I picked late August and had to deal with four parties a week.

We like evenings in MK and the parties put a damper on stopping in for a few hours and the parties make non party nights completely insane.

We know it's going to be crowded. I spoke to DD about this and she said she didn't care. I'm just going in with a good plan and hoping for the best.

I feel the same way about the parties. We are looking at 2019 or 2020 and there is usually that first week of Nov, depending on when it falls where theres about 7 days with no parties. That would be perfect for us and the milder weather too! Otherwise we were thinking late August but still have to deal with parties. Ugh! We just took a trip in March and our first one not having to deal with parties and it was amazing!

Oh shoot that’s the week we are going. I guess I can’t expect the flight cost from NJ to go down that much

We went last year for the two weeks you’re considering.

The first week was nuts - as others have stated it was a perfect storm of events.

The second week was a very slightly less nuts after Remembrance Day. IIRC we had low(ish) crowds Wednesday and Thursday of that week. Then things picked back up Friday for the upcoming thanksgiving insanity.

These two weeks will continue to be our go-to dates now that I don’t have to work around my DDs school schedule. I will say given the choice I’d rather go the second week of December but my job won’t allow for it anymore.

As folks continue to point out there are really no low crowds weeks to go to WDW anymore. Just make the best of the dates you choose and jump in to the crazy with the rest of us!

Disney logic makes me laugh sometimes - our kid has one day off school, better take him out for the entire week and head to WDW :P

We wait for the Mon / Tuesday off days for school that AREN'T holiday wknds like Pres day, MLK Day, Labor Day (too hot,) Memorial Day and the like.
We're also an Election day this year for the Monday and Tuesday that's been mentioned. It should be still warm enough to swim with no big issues on most days, and the hope is that the crows will be lower than the usual high crowds - if that makes any sense. Like a 6 instead of an 8. Either way, we know how to plan, we know how to get to a park on time, and we know how to zag when everyone else is zigging. We'll be just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter