Crowd Calendars Dec... 2/10? How is that possible week before Christmas

Donnask8pro

DIS Veteran
I understand its really tough to judge now. All a crapshoot. But... WDW Prep shows it A 2/10? TP shows a 5/10. Such disparity for week before Christmas. All a guessing game I assume :confused3 Anyone want to take a guess also?? :scared: :rotfl2:TYIA

I understand its really tough to judge now. All a crapshoot. But... WDW Prep shows it A 2/10? TP shows a 5/10. Such disparity for week before Christmas. All a guessing game I assume :confused3 Anyone want to take a guess also?? :scared: :rotfl2:TYIA
I just got back from the week before Thanksgiving. You could ride every ride at each park between the opening and closing times. I don't believe the week before Christmas will be any different.

We were there the week before Thanksiving also and wait times and crowds were low. Hard to predict, but I would guess that the week before Christmas will be lower crowds too

I have been wondering the same. I am wondering if the non renewal of some APs, along with the blockout dates in December are factored in?

I don't dare trust it. I think sometimes the prediction of low crowds has the opposite effect and that's what makes everyone decide to go.

I just got back from the week before Thanksgiving. You could ride every ride at each park between the opening and closing times. I don't believe the week before Christmas will be any different.
We were there the week before Thanksiving also and wait times and crowds were low. Hard to predict, but I would guess that the week before Christmas will be lower crowds too

Interesting, I too was there the week before Thanksgiving and I thought the parks were super busy, especially compared to a trip we just had in September. The parks were much more crowded and the wait times were double and tripled what they were in September. We we were only able to do about half of what we had wanted.

Interesting, I too was there the week before Thanksgiving and I thought the parks were super busy, especially compared to a trip we just had in September. The parks were much more crowded and the wait times were double and tripled what they were in September. We we were only able to do about half of what we had wanted.
Maybe they were busy compared to September, but my family thought the crowds were extremely low compared to normal times. We had low waits for everything at MK and EP. We rode headliners multiple times including 7DMT, Splash, Space, and Big Thunder. The only park that seemed a little busy to us, was HS. We planned ahead though and got there about 55 min before park open and were in the park 45 min prior to posted opening. In the first hour, we were able to do MMRR with 5 min wait, Slinky with about a 20 min wait, and TOT. There were lines to get in shops sometimes, but they went quickly. We don't do table service meals, but we found mobile ordering to be quick and easy, and we never had a problem finding a table. We have pictures in front of the castle in the middle of the day with literally no one else around. We did stay at the Swan on our EP and HS days so we could walk over, and at Contemporary on our MK days, so we did not have to use Disney transportation.

Also wanted to add, we found posted wait times to be inflated on almost every ride. For example, Big Thunder was posted at 45 min, but we only waited the time it took us to walk through the queue. Same for Splash and lots of other rides.

Last edited:
I was also there in September. Seemed just a little bit more crowded but not much. Wait times were inflated just as they were in September.

What are you referring to as the week before Christmas? 12/13-12/19? When we've been to WDW for Christmas before, the park attendance was always lighter leading up to Christmas, with Christmas day becoming crowded and 12/26-1/1 being extremely crowded. This year with Christmas falling on a Friday and a lot of schools having their Christmas break starting 12/19, I expect it will be more crowded, but there are schools in other areas that don't start their break until 12/23.

Our kids have exams through 12/18 with the the last day of school for employees being 12/21. I expect the week after Christmas will be crowded. Headed down with my recent college graduate on 12/13. Crowd

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter