Crossing the rainbow bridge....

shoney

DIS Veteran
My 15 yo lab had to be put down today because she lost the use of her back legs from arthritis So very sad.
I never had to do this before and when I was younger my dad brought our dog to the vet to be put to sleep.
A friend told me about a service in our area called laps of love but I’m sure they have similar type things all over

they come to the house for a peaceful ceremony without the added stress
Of going out to the vet. My dog hated that place! It was so hard but so peaceful and my other dog was able to be right there.

I hated doing it. having it done at home was worth the price and then some! Now we grieve.

So sorry....:guilty: Our dogs are like family and it's so hard to lose them. We had a 16yo black lab who had to be put down after a stroke 3 years ago and we still miss her everyday.

We had one of our dogs PTS at home, and another died at home. Laps of Love sounds like a good program. Either way, it's so hard to lose a beloved pet. You are in good company here. So sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss. A few weeks ago, we had an appointment to put our 15 yr old cat down. She passed a few hours before in her bed on my husband's desk. A week later we found out that our 14 yr old cat has cancer of the jaw. So far, she is in no pain and going on as usual but we know we'll have to go through it all again soon. They are such important parts of the family. Hugs to you.

So sorry, each time we had to put down our dogs, it was hard. Lucky dog, to be loved for so long. Sending hugs.

My 15 yo lab had to be put down today because she lost the use of her back legs from arthritis So very sad.
I never had to do this before and when I was younger my dad brought our dog to the vet to be put to sleep.
A friend told me about a service in our area called laps of love but I’m sure they have similar type things all over

they come to the house for a peaceful ceremony without the added stress
Of going out to the vet. My dog hated that place! It was so hard but so peaceful and my other dog was able to be right there.

I hated doing it. having it done at home was worth the price and then some! Now we grieve.

I am so sorry for your loss. we just lost our 16 year old chocolate lab in December. We also had an at home euthanasia done. I was a complete wreck but it would have been so much worse if we had to bring her into the office. about a week later, we received her ashes back.

I'm so sorry. It's never easy no matter what age they are -- 15 years is a great run. Sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. Just did the same 2 weeks ago. It hurts.

I am very sorry for your loss. We also used Laps of Love for our 15 year old lab a few years ago and they made a difficult time much easier for us and our dog.

It was a hospice program for our dog and we were happy that he was home and comfortable when the time came to say goodbye. We engaged them a few weeks before and worked out a plan for when treatment was no longer viable. The vet was wonderful and sensitive and checked in frequently.

All of us who love our pets understand your grief. Wishing you all the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter