Crossing my fingers for Halloween! Oct. 2016 PTR

Lurker here. Sounds like you have an awesome trip planned! The nice thing about needing the park hoppers for free dining is it does give you a little bit more flexibility. If the girls are magic-kingdomed out on the third day you could hop over somewhere else for the second half of the day, or even use it to your advantage on days that you get kicked out for MNSSHP.

There isn't much for CS at Hollywood Studios right now, but I think the pizza planet replacement (rumored to be muppets) should be open by then?

I had to laugh at your introductions. My husband plays airsoft, too, and he has worn his gear pretty much every Halloween since he started about 6/7 years ago! I'm a little over it! Haha!

Hey! I was wondering when you'd be back to update :)
So, this morning..... I GOT FREE DINING! Whoop whoop
Congrats! If we hadn't rented points for our trip in Nov., we could've gotten it, too :mad:
Still waiting to hear about State at work
(November for us.... NOT GREAT
I'll cross my fingers it's NOT November!
Hollywood Studios: CS for lunch (any great suggestions?
Hmm.....not my favorite place to eat QS. IF the Pizza Planet redo is open that could work. Otherwise, Starring Rolls?
October 3 (Monday)- Epcot: Akershus breakfast at 10:30 so basically brunch, we will eat in the room when we wake up. Food & Wine festival for "lunch"/snack, and a CS for dinner (suggestions??)
If you want everyday food, eat at Liberty Inn in the American Pavilion - burgers, nuggets, etc. If you want something better, try Les Halles in France, La Cantina in Mexico or Tangerine Café in Morocco :thumbsup2
We plan on trying Wolfgang Puck Express (hopefully I got that right) at DS for lunch and then not wasting time eating at the party. We'll just eat snacks and candy!
LOVE WPE! And that's the best thing to do, not waste time eating at the party.

Your plans so far look great! I started a PTR for our Nov. trip and I seriously need to get moving on figuring out my ADR's and park days, I'm usually more ahead of the game than this! Look forward to continuing reading about your plans :goodvibes

Whoop whoop, more readers! And we made it to page 2!

If the internet is correct, Pizza Planet is closed for refurb until November, so that's a no go. When we went 5 years ago we were disappointed. The theming wasn't that great and I don't even remember the pizza... Maybe we will take a mid day break, eat lunch at the food court, swim a little and then go back. I have been "worried" (I use that word loosely) that we wouldn't have a full day at HS with all the closures but I definitely want to see the SW fireworks if they're still around, so a midday break may be the solution!

I found the CBR thread and it's amazing! So much more info than anywhere else online.

Nothing new to report really, except another place is having their state visit this week. They're at 13 months, which would be August for us... Yay! And they're only 30 minutes from us, so theoretically they'll stay in the area and do everyone in our part of the state. Fingers crossed!

Your itinerary sounds like the trip of a lifetime! I would love to go to dinner at WCC, but we area staying near Epcot. The free dining is the way to go!!! I can't go during free dining because I can't leave work at that time of year. Enjoy!

Whoop whoop, more readers! And we made it to page 2!
Ha ha I'm always happy when my TR/PTR gets to the next page!

I definitely want to see the SW fireworks if they're still around
DH and I saw the Symphony in the Sky fireworks in Jan. and even though we're not SW fans, we loved them - gorgeous. I know the show is changing soon but I'm sure they'll still be great so definitely try to see them! I'm looking forward to seeing whatever they are in Nov. when we go.

Well another place near us had their state visit... At 15 months, which would be late October for us. Which would mean postponing our trip. I'm hoping they get back on track and come right at 12 months. That would be the end of July and still give us time for them to find something wrong, us to fix it and for them to come back again so we can start our vacation window. Suuuuucks having to wait and not be able to plan a vacation!

We won't be able to buy mnsshp tickets until we know FOR SURE they have come and gone.

If they end up not coming we will change our reservation for late January or February. And I will cry. However if we can do late January we could be there for my birthday... Silver lining?
The only bad thing about that is the girls would miss a whole week of school. But just be honest here- I saw the crowds for spring break and I refuse. All my girls are very smart and could probably do all their school work on the drive down. Also they'll just be in 1st & 3rd grade so not the end of the world to miss.

If we are still able to go in October they wouldn't miss anything.

Oh man, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you can go in Oct. MNSSHP is the best thing; I'd hate for the girls to miss it :( Besides just the time and effort you've put into planning already......ugh.
On the other hand it IS cool being there for your bday, I've done that! And while you'll read/get lots of opinions on the boards regarding taking kids out of school to go to Disney, I will say if you have to go then, do not worry one bit about the girls. We took older DS 14 out of school for a week k-4th and for 2 weeks (not in a row) in 5th, and then 4 days in 6th. Younger DS10 we took out for a week in K, 2 weeks separately in 1st and 4 days in 2nd. No guilt, no problems, just lots of fun, family time and memories :goodvibes

Well, mnsshp tickets went on sale today... And we can't buy them. I wish they were refundable like the vacation is!!!

Here's hoping lots of people won't buy bc of the price increase!

:wave:Hi! I just found your PTR! I don't know why I didn't look at your siggy when you started following my PTR :oops:

What you have looks great, hopefully the state has come to see you at work by now? I know waiting around for someone else to make plans is the worst.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter