Crock Pot recipes???

chip64

Mouseketeer
Having never been there we have read a long time ago about people using their C-pots for all sorts of things and we just wanted to know if anyone has a favorite? Thanks, Chip.

we get those frozen meatballs put them in the crock with sauce, when we get back we either cook up some pasta or just make meatball subs, quick and easy and oh so good. i think the crock pot is a big plus in the camper

Lasagna! Just follow your favorite lasagne recipe, but you'll have to break the noodles to the right size to fit in there. Layer everything in the pot and cook on low all day! Hint: Don't cook the noodles first. They come out just fine when you put them in crunchy!

I just thought of another easy one. Coke (or Pepsi) Pot Roast!

Just place a beef roast in the pan, and pour a can of coke over it and let it go! At the end of the day you'll have tender, great tasting roast for sandwiches, or just to eat plain!

It doesn't taste like coke. You'll never be able to tell that's what you used!

I wonder who the person was who dumped the coke on the roast (accidentally??) the first time?? :rolleyes:

beef tips - in the morning, frozen beef cubes, onion, spices and bullion cube and water. when you return home, thicken with cornstarch and make some noodles and a salad.

beef stew - same as above,just add whatever veggies you like

ham with potatoes and green beans - combine all and dinner is served!

pre-cooked hamburger for sloppy joes, spag and meat sauce, taco's

chicken breast with your choice of sauce - bbq, oriental, mojo, italian dressing, marinara, alfredo or check-out the prepared marinades- pretty much anything works!

have a great time nancy

We start with a roast and toss in an entire bottle of bulls eye BBQ sauce, then top it off with half a diced onion and one diced clove of garlic. When we come back, we mush it with a fork and have these to die for roast beef sandwiches. Juicy and good. (Bulls Eye is our favorite because of the maple in it...when you cook it down, it makes the sauce a little sweet. Mmm.)
~Tina

Well ya have the Coke Roast but how about Coke Chicken....equal amounts of coke and ketchup mixed together then poured over chicken.

Then there's our easy "swiss steak" cut up a large roundsteak, season with salt and pepper, toss on onion slices, then add 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup. DH likes this with a few noodles too.

I have tried the coke and roast recipe. It was quite good. Soda is very versatile in recipes. My favorite one is to mix 2cups of ketchup and 2 cups of 7-up and mix well (DONT SHAKE!) Pour over boneless skinless chicken breasts and bake as usual, basting occasionally. I think this would work in the crock pot also.

Stew meat
can of corn
can of green beans
celery
carrots
onion
potatoes
cabbage
Cavender's seasoning OR just salt, pepper, garlic salt, etc to taste.
V8 juice
can of diced tomatoes

You need a big crock pot for this! Throw the stew meat on the bottom of the crock pot (I buy it already cut up - yeah, it's more expensive but also a lot EASIER). Cut up celery, carrots (I use the baby carrots and leave them whole), onion, potato and cabbage and throw in the crock pot. Pour in the can of corn and can of green beans - with liquid. Put in the can of diced tomatoes. Pour in a cup or so of V8. Let it cook all day on low and when you get back the smell will be HEAVENLY. I usually make some cornbread to go with it and it makes a meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter