Critique my ADRs

Jon84

wdwaddictuk
Ok, so we are staying at the Poly for 7 Nights from 3rd May 2016 on DxDP.

This will be our 4th trip so plan it to be more relaxed, go to parks more for atmosphere, do our FPs and a couple of walk ons here and there.

180 days came last week, and this is what we got! I know it's alot of food crammed in, but happy to take desserts to go, or hold back stuffing faces as we got a fantastic deal on the plan. Trying alot of new restaurants this time which is really exciting!

Comments or ideas welcome!

Tuesday 3rd May 2016 - Land at MCO @ 3.30pm - Magic Kingdom Mooch

9pm - Be Our Guest

Wednesday 4th May 2016 - Magic Kingdom

8.05am - Cinderella's Royal Table

12.25pm - The Plaza

Mid afternoon Poly Pool/Hotel Time

8.00pm - Liberty Tree

EMHs - No Wishes

Thursday 5th May 2016 - Busch Gardens

Early Start, Breakfast on route to Tampa. Arrive at BGT for opening.

8.30pm - Fultons

Friday 6th May 2016 - Hollywood Studios

7.30am - Kona Cafe

1.05pm - Mama Melrose

8:15pm - Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

Saturday 7th May 2016 - Animal Kingdom

AK EMHs

10:15am - Rainforest Cafe @ AK

Mid Afternoon - QS @ AK before leaving

9.05pm - California Grill

Sunday 8th May 2016 - EPCOT

9am - 1900 Park Fare

5:30pm - Nine Dragons

Illuminations Dessert Party (if available)

Monday 9th May 2016 - Shopping/Disney Springs Day

9am - Breakfast @ Celebration Cafe

1pm - Paradiso 37

6.25pm - Citricos

10pm - Wishes

Tuesday 10th May 2016 - Check out day

8am Drop Bags/Check in @ Disney Springs

10am - Magic Kingdom QS

1pm - The Crystal Palace

4pm - Leave for MCO

Ok, so we are staying at the Poly for 7 Nights from 3rd May 2016 on DxDP.

This will be our 4th trip so plan it to be more relaxed, go to parks more for atmosphere, do our FPs and a couple of walk ons here and there.

180 days came last week, and this is what we got! I know it's alot of food crammed in, but happy to take desserts to go, or hold back stuffing faces as we got a fantastic deal on the plan. Trying alot of new restaurants this time which is really exciting!

Comments or ideas welcome!

I will reply to the ones we have been too

Tuesday 3rd May 2016 - Land at MCO @ 3.30pm - Magic Kingdom Mooch

9pm - Be Our Guest Had lunch here a few weeks ago, food was good, atmosphere outstanding

Wednesday 4th May 2016 - Magic Kingdom

8.05am - Cinderella's Royal Table Its been a few years, but it was a good breakfast

12.25pm - The Plaza Great place for comfort food

8.00pm - Liberty Tree We love this, though we scaled back to lunch since they serve so much at dinner

EMHs - No Wishes

Thursday 5th May 2016 - Busch Gardens

Early Start, Breakfast on route to Tampa. Arrive at BGT for opening.

8.30pm - Fultons

Friday 6th May 2016 - Hollywood Studios

7.30am - Kona Cafe We very much enjoy Kona, love all 3 meals

1.05pm - Mama Melrose I wish I could be positive about this, but it hasnt been very good lately

8:15pm - Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show Hoop Dee Doo better IMO for show and food

Saturday 7th May 2016 - Animal Kingdom

AK EMHs

10:15am - Rainforest Cafe @ AK Prefer Paradiso 37 or Raglan Rd for eats at DS

Mid Afternoon - QS @ AK before leaving

9.05pm - California Grill

Sunday 8th May 2016 - EPCOT

9am - 1900 Park Fare Over rated IMO

5:30pm - Nine Dragons Love the Honey Sesame Chicken

Illuminations Dessert Party (if available) Fun to do once

Monday 9th May 2016 - Shopping/Disney Springs Day

9am - Breakfast @ Celebration Cafe

1pm - Paradiso 37 Very good

6.25pm - Citricos

10pm - Wishes

Tuesday 10th May 2016 - Check out day

8am Drop Bags/Check in @ Disney Springs

10am - Magic Kingdom QS

1pm - The Crystal Palace Its been awhile but it was good

4pm - Leave for MCO

I would swap Citricos for Narcoossees. My family ate at Citricos in August and had nothing good to say. Nothing bad, but nothing good. They said teh presentation was beautiful but that the food was okay. Narcoossees was a thumbs up for all of us, and that is unusual.

I also would consider swapping Rainforest for Tusker House. My family likes the food, and it is right inside the park.

WE enjoy SOA, so I am glad you have chosen it for your Poly stay.

How old are the members of your party - any children. You have lots of late nights followed by early mornings. You don't want to get too tired.
I would definitely do Tusker House rather than Rainforest Café at AK. I agree with previous poster Raglan Road in Disney Springs is one of our favorites. I haven't been to Paradiso 37, but we love Raglan Road. I would definitely do Hoop Dee Doo Review over Spirit of Aloha. It gets very mixed reviews.
Have Fun

Thanks guys for your posts.

I would swap Citricos for Narcoossees.
My wife is not a fan of seafood and she's quite fussy, so Narcoossees didn't really hit the spot in terms of options for us. I've heard more good than bad myself. I think we'd consider Narcoossees in the future, the wife can stick to steak!

How old are the members of your party - any children. You have lots of late nights followed by early mornings. You don't want to get too tired.

We are both adults I'm 30 she's 28. The thing we tend to have is that we wake up early because we struggle to get out of UK time, but then we like staying out late. The parks days won't be hard core at all so not too worried. Anywhoo, the flight home is for sleeping!! :D

I would definitely do Tusker House rather than Rainforest Café at AK.
This is my wife's choice, I'd like to try Tusker House some time, it's on my list lol

. I agree with previous poster Raglan Road in Disney Springs is one of our favorites.
This is on our list too, but we don't have the time on this trip. We've got 14 nights in November'16, so it'll be on the list for then! I've only heard good things!

I would definitely do Hoop Dee Doo Review over Spirit of Aloha
We watched videos of the HDDR, it looks like a good show. SOA is at the Poly and we are staying at the Poly so we've gone for it lol Fingers crossed that Trader Sams late hours remain after the Holidays and we can jump over there after!

We like SOA. It is a little cheesy, but that is part of the charm of the iconic Disney Dinner Shows. They are nothing if not hokey! LOL!

When we stay at teh Poly we tend to book a lot of Poly meals, kind of an homage to the resort we are visiting, so given a choice between teh two dinner shows, i agree this one would be my choice.

My family is not all seafood eaters, but all find good choices at Narcoosses. If your wife is looking for steak, I would consider Yachtsman Steakhouse. It is one of my husbands favorite restaurants. The Epcot resorts are really nice to visit as well. After dinner you can stroll along the Boardwalk, which is alive at night.

Unless I count wrong, you will have unused TS credits, so if it were me, I would switch Mama Melrose for Hollywood Brown Derby.

I would also switch to Yak and Yeti or Tusker House instead of Rainforest, but if that is what your wife really wants, I would say you are smart to stick with RF

My family is not all seafood eaters, but all find good choices at Narcoosses. If your wife is looking for steak, I would consider Yachtsman Steakhouse. It is one of my husbands favorite restaurants. The Epcot resorts are really nice to visit as well. After dinner you can stroll along the Boardwalk, which is alive at night.

We are at Beach Club in the November, so kinda saving that at Le Cellier till then. Theres so much choice, we are lucky we'll be back sooner rather than later :)

Unless I count wrong, you will have unused TS credits, so if it were me, I would switch Mama Melrose for HBD.
I think one of the QS will be a Credit. MM us one of those where I know the food could be average, but the atmosphere is not something we could experience at home

but if that is what your wife really wants, I would say you are smart to stick with RF
Agreed! :)

We are at Beach Club in the November, so kinda saving that at Le Cellier till then. Theres so much choice, we are lucky we'll be back sooner rather than later :)

I think one of the QS will be a Credit. MM us one of those where I know the food could be average, but the atmosphere is not something we could experience at home

Agreed! :)
Mama Melrose is a family favorite.The steak is one of my favorites on property.

Thats what I heard, I do like a steak!

Usually have that at BoG but gonna go for the Pork I think :)
It was a surprise and one that I intend to repeat in December! I also like the pork at BOG. My Mom was Canadian French, but her family traced back to Alsace-Lorraine, and she made her pork the same way. Delicious!

As an FYI - I'm in the opposite camp - I'd pick Citricos over Narcoossee's any day. Love Citricos.

You do have some LONG days - even for your age/no kid party of 2. Late dinners/Early breakfasts. TS dinners often take over an hour. Transport time takes longer than you think - even just the monorail ride/boat ride between MK and Poly isn't always that quick. You've got alot of nights I'm guessing you are going to have 6 hours of sleep. If you all can be that active and survive on little sleep - then okay.

I do agree with other posters that your AK day - with hitting EMH and then going to Rainforest Cafe isn't such a good plan. It's a long walk from many areas of AK back to the front to go to Rainforest. I'd second the switch to Tusker House. I know your wife wants Rainforest Cafe -- but man - look at a map - that's going to suck a lot of time out of your relatively short trip to AK already.

I wouldn't worry about MM at all. We enjoyed our meal there and the service was good. The mussels were great and the steak was fine. It is not as good as BOG, but I think you will enjoy the meal.

As an FYI - I'm in the opposite camp - I'd pick Citricos over Narcoossee's any day. Love Citricos.
It does look good, I am excited for that one!

You do have some LONG days - even for your age/no kid party of 2. Late dinners/Early breakfasts. TS dinners often take over an hour. Transport time takes longer than you think - even just the monorail ride/boat ride between MK and Poly isn't always that quick. You've got alot of nights I'm guessing you are going to have 6 hours of sleep. If you all can be that active and survive on little sleep - then okay.
We should be good, we've done silly long days in the parks previously, and hitting 3am in EMHs. It's more sleep that I get on a work night!

I do agree with other posters that your AK day - with hitting EMH and then going to Rainforest Cafe isn't such a good plan. It's a long walk from many areas of AK back to the front to go to Rainforest. I'd second the switch to Tusker House. I know your wife wants Rainforest Cafe -- but man - look at a map - that's going to suck a lot of time out of your relatively short trip to AK already.
I get the point about the walk, just walking it in my head from the closest attraction, it is a long way. I'm gonna have a chat tonight lol

I must say an impressive list...............and an awful lot of food. I'm exhausted looking at your plan. :-) I would agree that your AK plan for RF Cafe is tough given where the place is (way in the front). Your staying at the Poly.............not one meal there? Curious why? BTW Cali Grill is outstanding..........well it was when we visited in Sept 2014.

Hey you folks know your limitations........and you're young :P...........for me that's just way to much time in resturants........but thats me.

Have a great trip!!!

Doug :goofy:

Last edited:
If you're staying at the Poly I'd do Ohana for breakfast it was so good, but Kona Cafe is a good choice too. We did a lot of breakfasts the first couple days, but wanted to sleep in more after some tiring park days. Also some days your breakfasts and lunches are a little close together. We did that on 1 day and were not hungry enough to eat again by the time we got to the restaurant. Most days we did breakfast, small snack, dinner or lunch, late dinner.

OP, Reading the posters replies, and then your answer to them, it is pretty clear that you have your plan set in your mind. Lots of people have made suggestions which you have rejected with your reasoning for why. I wonder what you are looking for from us, as you seem settled in your plan prior to reading reviews.
Just confused:confused3

If you're staying at the Poly I'd do Ohana for breakfast it was so good, but Kona Cafe is a good choice too. We did a lot of breakfasts the first couple days, but wanted to sleep in more after some tiring park days. Also some days your breakfasts and lunches are a little close together. We did that on 1 day and were not hungry enough to eat again by the time we got to the restaurant. Most days we did breakfast, small snack, dinner or lunch, late dinner.

I'm thinking that might happen, not fussed on not eating massive platefuls because we didn't pay full wack for the plan which was less than we'd normally budget for food OOP.

OP, Reading the posters replies, and then your answer to them, it is pretty clear that you have your plan set in your mind. Lots of people have made suggestions which you have rejected with your reasoning for why. I wonder what you are looking for from us, as you seem settled in your plan prior to reading reviews.
Just confused:confused3

I guess I was after any advice on tight travel times.

We've now cancelled RC@AK for Early Tusker House lunch, the Menu looks good :)

Are you wanting to see Fantasmic at all? We got a Mama Melrose Fantasmic lunch package. (But you'd have to shift some of your other meals around, so maybe it's not worth it. If you swapped CA Grill and SOA you could do it.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter