• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cringe-worthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkelly65us

QuitsSkyDiver51
What are your cringe-worthy stories? We had a good one this past trip.

Ok. So my wife, myself, my three kids and my niece (all 9 - 12 years old) are all sitting and having a pleasant meal at San Angel Inn, Mexico Pavilion, Epcot. The next table over is what looks like several families eating together, four adults, what looks like Grandparents, and about a half-dozen kids all under 12.
The fathers are drunk. Not I've had a few, but DRUNK. The wives are not too far behind and the poor grandparents are trying to sort out the kids. There was a huge and loud fight about margarita's with the waiters and manager and the wives. It was lovely, let me tell you. I think at one point one of the father's actually fell asleep. And the language! Thank goodness we were at the dessert-stage of our meal and were able to get the heck out of there. Whew!

Watching a table of full grown adults and their teenage children just get up and leave all of their trash at a TS location in Hollywood Studios. We felt so bad that we helped the poor CM that had to clean it up. She returned with some Fastpasses, which was a nice surprise, but seriously? Do people think that the CM's ENJOY picking up excesses garbage?

At Animal Kingdom one day DH and I were waiting for the bus back to the Beach Club Villas. Along came a family, mum holding one childs hand, dad holding the other childs hand. Dad stopped at the 1st bus stop and mum kept on walking to the far end. Once she reached there dad yells, "We need to be at this stop." Mum yells back, "No we need this one stupid." Dad replies still shouting, mum replied back by yelling again. This carried on for about 5 minutes, the language getting worse. Then our bus pulls in, we get on, both parents come running towards our bus, they were both in the wrong place. But did the yelling and cussing stop then? No, we had to listen to it carry on for the 15 minutes back to the BCV! I felt sorry for the kids (about 4 or 5 year olds), I guess they weren't having a great trip.

Last week two French tourists tried to cut in line and were told no by another guest. They exchanged words but the frenchmen insisted on cutting anyway until the 6'5" guest nearly struck them. CMs had to sort it out quickly.

We were strolling through AK one morning..I happen to glance over at the tables for Pizzafari (which was not opened yet)....and there was a dad changing his babies diaper on top of one of the tables. :scared::scared::scared:

Ready for this one? We were strolling around MK on our last trip and we end up behind a young gril of about 18-19. She is pooh sized mind you and all we can see from behind is her non-existant see through white mini skirt with a hot pink thong hanging out at the top. It gets worse. You see, it was hanging out on purpose because she had her car keys/room key hooked to it.:scared1: All I could theink was "lets get out of her way, because if that thing breaks loose, we're all in for a horrible sight. Have you lost your appetite yet?:lmao:

We were strolling through AK one morning..I happen to glance over at the tables for Pizzafari (which was not opened yet)....and there was a dad changing his babies diaper on top of one of the tables. :scared::scared::scared:

No matter what else gets posted YOU WIN - this has grossed me out!:scared:

Sue:goodvibes

Watching a table of full grown adults and their teenage children just get up and leave all of their trash at a TS location in Hollywood Studios. We felt so bad that we helped the poor CM that had to clean it up. She returned with some Fastpasses, which was a nice surprise, but seriously? Do people think that the CM's ENJOY picking up excesses garbage?
Don't you mean CS, as in 'counter service'?

Ready for this one? We were strolling around MK on our last trip and we end up behind a young gril of about 18-19. She is pooh sized mind you and all we can see from behind is her non-existant see through white mini skirt with a hot pink thong hanging out at the top. It gets worse. You see, it was hanging out on purpose because she had her car keys/room key hooked to it.:scared1: All I could theink was "lets get out of her way, because if that thing breaks loose, we're all in for a horrible sight. Have you lost your appetite yet?:lmao:

Appalling is all I can say. And gross. You've definitely got my story beat.

I saw that happen in Epcot WC! It was right near the McDonald's outside of Canada, and it was on one of those tall, metal tables. The worst part was it was a #2 diaper--I know because I smelled it before I saw it. :crazy2:

My other favorite was the little boy in line next to us for Soarin'. We'd made it all the way up to just before you board when he wet himself. You could tell mom was angry, but grandma said "he told you he had to go before we got in line!" I felt bad for the little guy, and was on grandma's side until the CM told them he couldn't get on the ride (duh, his pants, shoes and socks were soaked). Then grandma got angry and said "you mean we waited all this time and now you won't let him ride?!?" Hello? Do you want to be the poor person who gets that boy's seat after he's finished riding? Sheesh.

We are at Place where thousands of People and Familys are gathered for extended period of time,from all over the world!. They come here and feel a certain comfort level,and or they let the heat(that they may not be comfortable to) get to them or what ever reason they act the way they do. Are we so crtical of others with out thinking that maybe others look at us the same way?. Not to say that theses circumstance are not unusuale and some times hard to watch,but maybe before we jump the gun assumue and or critsize we should stop to think that we do not know the whole story. No wrong or rights here sorry If It came out wrong:goodvibes just my thought:goodvibes.

Are we so crtical of others with out thinking that maybe others look at us the same way?.

Yes, we are so critical. And why is that considered a bad thing? I don't care how "open-minded" and "understanding" I'm supposed to be. Sorry, but if you are at WDW with your family and manage to get yourself so drunk you can't stay awake and your spouse get's into a shouting match over another margarita then you are in the wrong, not me for objecting to your appalling and boorish behaviour. A little more discernment in life and we'd all be better off.

I might have the diaper story beat. While EATING dinner at the Cape May Cafe one evening, the family right next to us decided to put their child on the floor right next to our table and proceed to change his #2 diaper. We almost barfed from the smell. I couldn't believe the lack of class and consideration. Needless to say, our dinner was ruined.

Don't listen to people complaining about this topic. I want to hear more. It's interesting.

Yes, we are so critical. And why is that considered a bad thing? I don't care how "open-minded" and "understanding" I'm supposed to be. Sorry, but if you are at WDW with your family and manage to get yourself so drunk you can't stay awake and your spouse get's into a shouting match over another margarita then you are in the wrong, not me for objecting to your appalling and boorish behaviour. A little more discernment in life and we'd all be better off.

Yep, bad behavior is bad behavior, the reason for it doesn't matter.

We are at Place where thousands of People and Familys are gathered for extended period of time,from all over the world!. They come here and feel a certain comfort level,and or they let the heat(that they may not be comfortable to) get to them or what ever reason they act the way they do. Are we so crtical of others with out thinking that maybe others look at us the same way?. Not to say that theses circumstance are not unusuale and some times hard to watch,but maybe before we jump the gun assumue and or critsize we should stop to think that we do not know the whole story. No wrong or rights here sorry If It came out wrong:goodvibes just my thought:goodvibes.

There is never an excuse for changing a child's dirty diaper on a restaurant table! Yes, I am hugely critical of anyone who would do that or think that it is ok. Nor do I think it is ok to yell at a child when they mess themselves after telling the adult with them that they needed to use the restroom! Doing either of those things shows a serious lack of brains.

The diaper changing thing is a big problem on WDW property. I witnessed a lady changing her baby's diaper on a table in the middle of the Earl of Sandwich. The restaurant was full of people. The manager came over to tell her that she could not do that in a restaurant. She just finished what she was doing, picked up her kid and left. Gross!

Right after T-Rex opened, DD and I were eating there. We watched a lady change a baby on the seat of a booth in the restaurant. That wasn't the worst part. The dad didn't want to get up to get rid of the dirty diaper so he tried to stuff it up under the booth. Fortunately, it was enclosed and he could make it fit. Eventually, he took it back to a restroom.

Lazy and disgusting behavior!

That is hilarious! She had her keys hooked to her underwear? On purpose?

Some people are just ridiculous!

These stories are funny and gross and disturbing! Keep them coming! lol

Yes, everyone has a bad day sometimes and loses it. We all saoy and do things we wish we hadn't. but in the case of the drunk adults they made a conscious descision to do that, and people who continue to carry own for an extended period of time after and incident choose not to let it go and to contimue to subject the rest of us to it. That is bad behavior that is worthy of comment.

man, I am so grossed out by the people who change their babies on tables that the rest of us have to eat off of. Good thing I stocked up on anitbacterial wipes for our next trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter