Criminal Minds -- DIS Official Thread 1 (SPOILERS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If rabies can't be cured after 24 hrs, I wonder what doctors do when they find someone in the later stages? Do they just keep them sedated until they die? :confused3

I'd love to sit in a pitch meeting for this show.

Writer 1: "Ok guys, picture this. Unsub infects people with rabies and watches them die."
Writer 2: "Tell me more. WHY does he infect them with rabies? What's his motivation?"
Writer 1: "Excellent question, glad you asked - he had to watch his younger brother die of rabies in his youth."
Writer 2: "Perfect! I love it!"

popcorn::

I'd love to sit in a pitch meeting for this show.

Writer 1: "Ok guys, picture this. Unsub infects people with rabies and watches them die."
Writer 2: "Tell me more. WHY does he infect them with rabies? What's his motivation?"
Writer 1: "Excellent question, glad you asked - he had to watch his younger brother die of rabies in his youth."
Writer 2: "Perfect! I love it!"

popcorn::

:lmao: I want to know what they feed them at these meetings, so they think this sounds plausible. :rolleyes1

So Reid puts the gun away and tries to tackle him when Morgan couldn't bring him down? :confused3

If rabies can't be cured after 24 hrs, I wonder what doctors do when they find someone in the later stages? Do they just keep them sedated until they die? :confused3

Actually funny you ask this I just watched a show a documentary and they covered this. A girl in Wisconsin was bitten by a bat and 3 weeks later fell ill. They did a number of tests and she had rabies. The Dr put her in a medically induced coma to see if the body would fight off the infection. With being in the coma the brain was not really functioning and after 7 days they started bringing her out and it actually worked.

http://www.mymultiplesclerosis.co.uk/misc/jeannagiese.html

Actually funny you ask this I just watched a show a documentary and they covered this. A girl in Wisconsin was bitten by a bat and 3 weeks later fell ill. They did a number of tests and she had rabies. The Dr put her in a medically induced coma to see if the body would fight off the infection. With being in the coma the brain was not really functioning and after 7 days they started bringing her out and it actually worked.

Interesting! :surfweb:

That must be the case that Reid was talking about.

Okay, new pitch meeting:

Writer 1: "So did you hear the story out of Wisconsin how a girl was bitten by a bat and then got rabies? She survived when they put her into a coma."
Writer 2: "We can use that."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter