Cricut Questions

Gabe1

Northern Illinois
My DD is interested purchasing a Cricut but there are so many variations and costs. She has many questions that we can't seem to find answers to. Help please.

-What are the major differences between Cricut Expression, Cricut Expression II and Cricut Explore. Are there any major features that make any of these models a must have?

-Are the cartridges compatible with all the models or are the cartridges model specific?

-Are there any other accessories that need to be purchased that are not included with the machine that are necessary options right away?

I apologize for the tardiness in response.. I did not see this posting until today. I was in here yesterday and missed this.. Sorry..

My answers are in RED..

My DD is interested purchasing a Cricut but there are so many variations and costs. She has many questions that we can't seem to find answers to. Help please.

-What are the major differences between Cricut Expression, Cricut Expression II and Cricut Explore. Are there any major features that make any of these models a must have?

To me there is really no major difference between the Cricut Expression (the E) and the Cricut Expression II (E2).. With these you can cut with the cartridges.. Oh, the one difference between the E and E2.. is the E2 has 2 cartridges permanently loaded on to the machine. I don't use them much because I forget about them). The E2 is also more computery -- you do everything with the screen. the E you have to use the cricut cartridge layover for your selections.. the E2 the layover is on the screen and you push what you need.

The Cricut Explore (Explore) is a more well-rounded machine. It allows you not only to cut from your cricut cartridges but also SVG files (I'm not sure if you can print or cut since I have another machine I use to cut my SVG files and print and cut option.

Keep in mind with the Cricut you must buy cartridges to make it cut.. Now, the Explore may be a little different but I cannot give you specifics as I do not have that model.

-Are the cartridges compatible with all the models or are the cartridges model specific?

The cartridges all interchangeable with all the Cricut models.

I have the Cricut original (the baby bug), I have the Cricut Create, I have the E, the E2. I do not have the explore since I have a silhouette which I love for cutting my SVG files and fonts from my computer.

-Are there any other accessories that need to be purchased that are not included with the machine that are necessary options right away?

There is nothing else you HAVE to buy.. The machine comes with the blade, 1 mat to get you started. If I were buying a new one, I would buy extra mats, and the spatula tool that helps lift the cuts off the mat so you don't bend them up.. but that is just me.

Now, on a side note: I have a Silhouette portrait and I love it.. I use it to cut my SVG files and my fonts. The silhouette allows you to cut the fonts from your computer. I can cut the font and than layer colors under it to make them pop. If I upgrade my portrait, I am going with the Silhouette Cameo.

Any other questions please let us know. This is just my information..

My DD is interested purchasing a Cricut but there are so many variations and costs. She has many questions that we can't seem to find answers to. Help please. -What are the major differences between Cricut Expression, Cricut Expression II and Cricut Explore. Are there any major features that make any of these models a must have? -Are the cartridges compatible with all the models or are the cartridges model specific? -Are there any other accessories that need to be purchased that are not included with the machine that are necessary options right away?

Yes, the carts are compatible between machines.

I would get a spatula, replacement and mat.

Not sure if you already bought this or not but I would go for the Explore. Latest and greatest one out there. I have the Silhouette Cameo and now the Explore. The Explore automatically adjusts your settings you just click a dial that shows the type of media you are cutting on. So if it's vinyl you just turn a dial to vinyl. The software automatically sets the pressure of the blade and speed. Where on the other Cricuts you have to do all the settings yourself.

The Explore you could buy individual shapes like you could with the Silhouette. The Explore you also have access to the Frozen images (for a fee) no other Cricut allows that (at this time, they may later).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter