Creekside Meadow primitive camping area- Scouts

RangerPooh

DIS Veteran
Our Scout troop is looking to camp at Ft. Wilderness next summer. For those who have stayed in the primitive group site at Creekside Meadows, can you please share your experience and any recent pricing. I searched online and found old pricing (pre-2020) at $10/person, but I am looking for recent pricing. I've contacted Disney groups and am awaiting a response. We anticipate traveling with a group of 30-40 youth and adults, so meeting the 20-person minimum is not an issue.

For those who have camped there, how was camping in late May, early June? We're from TN, so we're accustomed to high heat and humidity. Summer camp last year in NE Arkansas had 110* temps with plenty of humidity. Battery operated fans were used by all. My own family has camped at Ft. Wilderness in late June/July when it rained daily, yet we were in a pop-up, on payment. How does Creekside Meadows fair in the rain? Does it tend to have standing water and flood out? I found a video online that looked like it was in a low-lying spot compared to surrounding sidewalks/roadways.

Thank you!

I camped there with Scouts several times. We live 2 hours north. We don’t typically get the kind of rain that would cause flooding in that timeframe. Usually a brief thunder shower in the afternoon that burns off pretty quickly. We camped in early May. Had a great time! There was a campfire singalong with Chip and Dale, outdoor movie, and some of us took transportation to check out the Polynesian beach for fireworks. By far the cleanest, most well accommodated campground I’ve ever stayed in. I thought the animals were going to start singing. The mosquito control was great too. I normally get eaten alive.

@Dotluvsdisney thank you.
Our troop was unable to secure Creekside Meadow for our dates, but has secured multiple tent sites. It's good to hear about the mosquito control. I've been selling them on the clean restrooms and internet, lol. Poorly kept state park bathhouses is what most know, and I've been like, no that's not the case here! Our family has camped here a few times before.

@Dotluvsdisney thank you.
Our troop was unable to secure Creekside Meadow for our dates, but has secured multiple tent sites. It's good to hear about the mosquito control. I've been selling them on the clean restrooms and internet, lol. Poorly kept state park bathhouses is what most know, and I've been like, no that's not the case here! Our family has camped here a few times before.

From my days in scouting I can say the facilities at the Fort exceed what you will find at most state parks in Florida. Mosquito control is a big thing to me and is one of my list of the reasons I tell people we're WDW fans.

As my signature indicates, my first Fort Wilderness visit was to Creekside Meadow group camping area with our Scout/Explorer group back in 1981. It was a memory that has me coming back with my family to this very day.

Even camping in sites (since CM is booked) will still be a great memory for the kids.

Bama Ed

PS - we were only there 3 nights/2 days since Epcot was not yet built so MK was the only theme park to visit. I remember half of us went to MK one day and the other half hung around the Fort then visa versa the next day. That was the 1st time I ever saw "Spanish Moss" on an oak tree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter