Credit card issue on Disney website

Roobear77

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had issues lately using a Canadian credit card (specifically Passport Visa from Scotiabank) on the Disney site? I've never had this issue before, spent a lot of time on the phone with Visa and it is not a problem on their end, but my payment will not go through for Disney tickets.

The problem is happening before it even connects to Visa, as in Visa doesn't even see any attempts for a charge from Disney. There are no issues on Visa's end at all. The message from on the screen is "your payment could not be processed at this time, please try again later". I've tried multiple times a day for 3 days, used different computers, browsers, used my husband's card (same account), even deleted all the saved info and re-entered it.

I'm about to sit on hold with Disney and try to make this happen over the phone. I don't want to put this on another card as I can later on apply travel rewards to the balance on the card.

Has anyone had issues lately using a Canadian credit card (specifically Passport Visa from Scotiabank) on the Disney site? I've never had this issue before, spent a lot of time on the phone with Visa and it is not a problem on their end, but my payment will not go through for Disney tickets.

The problem is happening before it even connects to Visa, as in Visa doesn't even see any attempts for a charge from Disney. There are no issues on Visa's end at all. The message from on the screen is "your payment could not be processed at this time, please try again later". I've tried multiple times a day for 3 days, used different computers, browsers, used my husband's card (same account), even deleted all the saved info and re-entered it.

I'm about to sit on hold with Disney and try to make this happen over the phone. I don't want to put this on another card as I can later on apply travel rewards to the balance on the card.

I have a no for-ex Hometrust Visa that I tried to use this morning to buy World of Color dessert party tickets and got the same error message you received. I then tried my CIBC Mastercard and while I got the same error, I also received a text from CIBC to confirm it was a legit purchase. As soon as I replied to the text I was able to get it processed to my MC.

Seems to me that Disney might be having issues with certain Visa cards?

I spent an hour on the phone with some lovely CMs. Escalated twice and the third guy was able to push it through. He doesn't know what the problem was but he had some tricks and made it happen. Phew.

I wonder what the issue is. I had the same problem a few months ago with the Scotia Passport Visa trying to buy the UK tickets. I tried multiple times and got an error, asking me to contact the credit card company. When I did, they said there was no issue on their end and they couldn't even see that I had attempted the transaction. When I switched to my Home Trust Visa, it went through without a hitch.

I wonder what the issue is. I had the same problem a few months ago with the Scotia Passport Visa trying to buy the UK tickets. I tried multiple times and got an error, asking me to contact the credit card company. When I did, they said there was no issue on their end and they couldn't even see that I had attempted the transaction. When I switched to my Home Trust Visa, it went through without a hitch.
Same issue with the Scotia Passport VISA when I tried to use it to buy UK tickets in 2021. Ended up having to use another card which annoyed me as the Scotia card has no foreign exchange fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter