• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Credit Card guarantee ADR

Bridge203618

Mouseketeer
I was thinking of reserving princess story book dining at epcot and I see they want a credit card guarantee. Here is my question:

Is it like a hotel guarantee - they don't actually charge your card, just hold it incase you don't show?

Or like a rental car guarantee where they put a hold on your card?

I will be using a debit card and what to see how they handle it. Thanks...

I have the Storybook meal booked for June and they did not charge my card.

Dinner shows and CRT have to be paid for in advance, but if you are on the dining plan you can call and book those with just a credit card hold.

HTH!

It is exactly like a hotel guarantee - if you don't show, or if you don't cancel outside the required time range, they WILL bill your card whatever the deposit is per person. Even if some/most of you show up, if you didn't cancel any no-show members of your party in advance, your card will be charged the deposit for those (non)diners.

Yep, they do not charge your card when you book, however if you are no show or cancel less than 2 days in advance, you are charged a fee of $10 per person.

Even if some/most of you show up, if you didn't cancel any no-show members of your party in advance, your card will be charged the deposit for those (non)diners.

From personal experience I can tell you kaytiee is right.:rotfl: Several years ago I booked Akershus for three of us. That morning I was ill, so sent the other two on, thinking that as long as my party showed up, I wouldn't be charged. Wrong! After returning home, I went online to pay off my credit card and found Akershus had charged me for one person not showing up. At first I didn't know what the charge was, so called, and the CM was immediately able to tell me it was for one person not showing up that morning.

From personal experience I can tell you kaytiee is right.:rotfl: Several years ago I booked Akershus for three of us. That morning I was ill, so sent the other two on, thinking that as long as my party showed up, I wouldn't be charged. Wrong! After returning home, I went online to pay off my credit card and found Akershus had charged me for one person not showing up. At first I didn't know what the charge was, so called, and the CM was immediately able to tell me it was for one person not showing up that morning.

I have a question that is similiar to the above question, It is not about Akershus because I know you have to guarentee that with a credit card. My daughter has uncontrolled seizures, if we make a reservation to a restaurant(chef mickey's) and we do make the breakfast that morning do they charge us for not canceling?
Thanks,
PammyPoppins

No. Cancel as SOON as you possibly can - yes, even at the last minute (hard to cancel in advance in a medical emergency) but if you didn't have to give a credit card number for a deposit, you can't be charged for cancelling.

Thank-You for the information. Sometimes we don't get a lot of warning with my dauhters seizures.
PammyPoppins

We missed up on our ADRs one year and showed up for our fanstasmic package on the wrong night. (Or they booked it wrong, not sure) They didn't charge us for that night and we got to do the dinner package on the night we showed up!:thumbsup2It was in the fall so not crowded, though.

Thank-You for the information. Sometimes we don't get a lot of warning with my dauhters seizures.
PammyPoppins
Well, of COURSE you don't! If you did, you might even be able to prevent them - or at least have her in an entirely safe, secure location before the onset of a seizure.

Have you considered a service dog? Seriously - NOTHING to do with dining reservations; there are service dogs that can sense when their 'person' is about to have a seizure, and provide warning. Go ask for information on the disABILITIES Community Board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter