• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Credit Card for PS...something new?

Micca

SAHG: Stay At Home Grandfather
I just got off the phone with WDW dining. I booked a PS for LeCellier and was asked for a credit card number to "guarantee my priority seating". What's that about??????? I have made dozens of PS over the years, some as recently as two weeks ago.
When I asked, she told me it was not required, then gave me the PS number just like always. She said it had been in effect for as long as she had been there(but didn't say how long that was).

My guess is that even though they wouldn't charge anything to the card, by taking the number people feel more obligated to show up?

I had the same thing happen to me during our March/April trip. I told her I knew I didn't need to provide a cc# and she gave me a PS#. It was very strange.

Was it for a holiday? I know on Mother's Day last year they required a credit card for PS's.

Nor was mine.

I thought that either the CM was new and that there was a spot on her field to enter a cc# for those places that need it...HdD, CRT breakfast, holidays, etc.....or that she just wanted my cc#. Hopefully the former or some other explanation that I haven't thought of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter