Creative ways to display pins

mousetravel

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any creative ways to display their Disney pins once you get home? I still have mine on a lanyard hanging from a shelf. (boring)

I thought of fixing them in a frame, but I'll have to figure how to do it.

Ok, I'm new here. SO how can I find my post since it's been moved?????

Do you get the automatic emails when someone posts to your thread? That's the default setting (I believe) when you first sign up, but you can change it by going to your USER CP - see the link near the top of the page. Or, if all else fails, you could just go to the USER CP & click on the thread in your Subscribed Threads list.

On to your question....
I have most of my pins in a deep frame - it was originally intended to hold a puzzle. I got a piece of the project foam board that kids use to make large displays for school projects. I have no clue what it's actually called, but it has a white core or something that looks like styrofoam. I got a piece of black & cut it down to the size of the frame.

It wasn't quite deep enough for me to keep the pin backs on, but the pins went through nicely. Occasionally one will slip sideways when the frame gets banged, but overall I really like it.

My sister also made me a Mickey icon out of 3 embroidery hoops painted black & covered with black velvet. It's totally awesome! :teeth:

I went to Michaels and bought 2 20 X 8 in. shadow boxes, mounted our lanyards in them, 2 in each box. They are hanging on our den wall, on either side of a few Disney Lithographs.

Corkboard! I bought a framed coarkboard, covered it in white felt and have them on there. I need a second one (or larger one)

Corkboard! I bought a framed coarkboard, covered it in white felt and have them on there. I need a second one (or larger one)

I do the same, I took a framed corkboard, spay painted it white and push the pins into it. They look great. My dd (14) only collects Stitch pins.

Another person for corkboard, I spraypainted mine black (and managed to spray part of my garden at the same time) then just pushed them in. Worked like a charm!

I have ours in shallow shadow boxes. We are doing a shadow box for each trip.

I bought pins specifically for this project. Some of them I bought on eBay since I could only find a Disneyland map at the time and we have only been to DL once...

I plan on gluing the map to foam board (that kids use to make large displays for school projects like piratesmate mentioned using) and then adding the pins from the attractions on the map. I have other extra pins to add in also.

These are photos from when I laid it out to see what pins I needed to fill in areas. I took photos so I could remember how I had it laid out for when I go to actually putting it together.

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

I plan on framing it when it is finished.

Damn, that's beautiful MickeyWanaBe! I have a large piece of fabric that I sewed a space for a large wooden dowel at the top and used those 3m wall brackets to hang the two exposed ends of the dowel. It works great for me, and I really like that I can easily move the pins and that you can't see where they've been. There was a thread about this exact topic somewhere else, where it was mentioned that several people use those big artists' canvases, so that they can keep the original backs on the pins (that's partly why I like my fabric too.) Let me see if I can find that thread... :surfweb: nevermind, can't seem to find it...if only the search engine actually searched...anyone else remember this thread?

We used the thick foam board like kids use for science fair displays, too. We used spray glue to cover it in a blue sparkly fabric, then push pins to hold it into the wall (3 on bottom, 2 on top). Not the prettiest way to hold the board up there, but when we tried to attach string to the back to hang it from, the weight was too much for the board... I like the darker color for a backdrop, the pins shine against it.

I love the map idea!!

My FMIL used corkboard, covered it in the quilting cotton stuff, and then covered it all in disney fabric, then pushed her pins in.

I on the otherhand bought the binders they sell at DTD and have 2 plus they had a really nice messenger style bag/pin case

I bought pins specifically for this project. Some of them I bought on eBay since I could only find a Disneyland map at the time and we have only been to DL once...

I plan on gluing the map to foam board (that kids use to make large displays for school projects like piratesmate mentioned using) and then adding the pins from the attractions on the map. I have other extra pins to add in also.

These are photos from when I laid it out to see what pins I needed to fill in areas. I took photos so I could remember how I had it laid out for when I go to actually putting it together.

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

I plan on framing it when it is finished.

WOW! That's awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter