Creative ideas to "gift" a cruise for Chrismas?

WDWRook

DIS Veteran
Howdy all,

We have our first cruise on the Dream coming up at the end of January. It's our main Christmas present for the kids. But, I forgot until the other day to think about how I'm going to present this as a gift. I'm too late to order custom shirts, but we did buy a couple generic Disney shirts. Any good or creative ideas for this?

I've seen some people suggest scheduling the Mickey call for the time you'll be doing presents.

I wrapped a huge box for my grandkids (ages 7 & 5 at the time). I did crazy loud paper taped some ballon shaped elves on the outside.
On the inside I put custom shirts and the stuffed 'Mickey" boat with characters inside with a letter from Mickey.
They were less than impressed with it all. BUT when Feb. came and we were close to the cruise then they were excited as can be thankfully.
I guess they couldn't wrap their heads around the cruise not being right then and there and they LOVE Disney Cruises.

My 5 grandkids are also getting a Disney Cruise this Christmas. There are 5 of them ranging from 9-12. I got scrabble tiles, each will open up a box with tiles spelling the words, Bahamas, Disney, Cruise, spring break. Hopefully, they will put it all together!!

I did a scavenger hunt for my kids for Christmas morning. I did my best to time it so their last stop would coincide with the Mickey call. It was a couple minutes off, and one kid wasn't paying attention to hear it, so it wasn't the best ending. But the scavenger hunt part was fun! They had gifts at each spot that were related, but not obvious DISNEY CRUISE. Like - some things for formal night (jewelry for my daughter, a new shirt for my son), and the clue gave a hint about dressing up.

For our first one, we wrapped some cruise necessities in a new suitcase. Doing something similar this year. We included things like a new water bottle, swim suit, Disney coloring book, etc. And we printed off a copy of the My Disney cruise booklet that DCL puts out (link below, scroll to the bottom of the page and click download). We had it coil bound at the UPS store.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/traveling-with-little-ones/

And definitely schedule the character call.

We're gifting a cruise to our kids on Christmas Eve planned for the end of January. Most of the kids' gifts this year are cruise related - snorkel masks, luggage, Disney gift cards, pirate outfits, Star Wars Madlibs, etc. For the reveal, I made a countdown calendar that we'll have them open first thing on Christmas Eve (when we celebrate with family). I posted a picture of it in my PTR: https://www.disboards.com/threads/my-big-family-ptr-for-fantasy-swdas-on-1-19-19.3712040/page-2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter