• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crazy things said by DVC reps in the parks

Lumpy1106

DIS Veteran
We were in DCA over the weekend. We have purchased, but not used a resale contract for BLT. My son wanted to know which resort that was so I was flipping through the book at a DVC stand trying to find him pics. I mentioned that we just bought a resale contract (before the restrictions FWIW), and the agent there said;
"You know you can't bank and borrow points on a resale contract"
Yeah, right, not even close to true. It seemed strange to me that she was getting paid to sell DVC and didn't even know this most basic thing.

What have you heard?

Didn't really have time to get into it. I really question why there are so many DVC stands at DCA. Good luck finding any contract for GCV. Maybe they are selling that you will be able to book GCV @ 7 months if you own somewhere else? Doubtful. Somebody must be buying though, or they wouldn't be selling.

Let me just say though, I'm not knocking DVC agents. We talked to someone at a DVC stand @ DHS and took a tour. Low pressure, they treated us well, no complaints. We couldn't make the math work on a direct contract so we bought resale - simple as that.

Didn't really have time to get into it. I really question why there are so many DVC stands at DCA. Good luck finding any contract for GCV. Maybe they are selling that you will be able to book GCV @ 7 months if you own somewhere else? Doubtful. Somebody must be buying though, or they wouldn't be selling.

Let me just say though, I'm not knocking DVC agents. We talked to someone at a DVC stand @ DHS and took a tour. Low pressure, they treated us well, no complaints. We couldn't make the math work on a direct contract so we bought resale - simple as that.
They’re trying to sell out that mistake in Hawaii.

Big companies have communication and training problems. Disney is no exception.

The hear one thing and it becomes fact.

Some things are mind blowing tho

I had one tell me resale contracts were all the ones Disney doesn't take back because they are in foreclosure, and that I would have to pay a small fortune in back MFs to get the points, or some garbage like that, I had him tuned out halfway thru

On FB about a week ago someone started a post about a guide who told them they certainly could fit 6 (not talking under 2 here) in rooms indicated max occupancy 4 or 5. People apparently “do it all the time”.

Several other people posted getting the same info from guides that sold to them. DVD is getting slimy.

Those people working the kiosks are hired off the street with no prior experience. I see the classifieds all the time, as I frequently check the job listings at DLR. I bet they spend an hour in "orientation" before being thrown out there. They usually don't know Jack about DVC. The actual guides lie about all kinds of stuff too, especially at Aulani. The stuff they told my sister and BiL when they went on a tour out there was about 75% untrue. I don't know how they get away with that.

Then again, the guests arent much better.
I had a friend record a conversation while waiting on line for FOP and played it for me.
a woman from Canada who went to disney "all the time" was explaining to another guest that she needed to get on the fast pass waiting list for her next stay, because that was a 6 month wait.

I listened to it.

Then had to go change my pants.

Last edited:
Dont lump all CMs together. My son works setting appointments for DVC and has for almost 2 years. We have been members since he was 3. He has grown up in DVC, knows his stuff, and is doing this because he believes in the product. He too gets appalled when others CMs talk out their hind quarters.

He loves talking to Members and potential members alike. When you talk to one of them and they treat you well and know their stuff make sure you let Guest Services know!

This thread could probably turn into a lengthy book. DVC is an amazing product but as with any sales position a few sales associate dont realize how smart the consumer is. That sales person will not have a very successful career

There are a heck of a lot of new Dis members lately picking at resalers, providing data to support the DVC message and now an actual guide. If all are like the ones above, then I haven’t missed anything not have one. We’re talking about misinformation on direct buys & the stories are getting more frequent.

Thats funny, we were there this weekend also and had a similar experience.
One of the appointment people asked us where we owned I said Grand Californian, Saratoga springs and Aulani. He wouldnt believe me that I bought Grand Cal resale because "Disney buys back every Grand Californian contract."
When he asked how much I paid (140 per point about 18 months ago) he said, "no way, no way."
My guess is they're getting told a lot of stuff about resale that just isnt true.

DW and I stopped by a booth last July and the rep actually told us he had 2 direct contracts and 1 resale. There are so many reps from a lot of different backgrounds that I think you can get every part of the spectrum if you wanted to.

I have met some great reps at Dinseyland/DCA and some that have no clue. Examples below.

I have one I have chatted with a number of times now and she is also an owner and she told me that she has to go through the same booking as regular members for Moonlight Magic and agreed a better system was needed (this was before they changed to the virtual queue system). And she agreed that the Nov 2018 DCA event was an utter mess. This rep definitely knew her stuff!

Met one this past weekend and he asked about my home resorts and I told him I have some direct and some resale among my contracts. He asked if I still get 11 month home resort priority for my resale and if I could use it anywhere. Kind of thought he should know that stuff. He also asked if the DCA Moonlight Magic has been announced for this year and was surprised when I said there is only one CA one each year and it is either at DL or DCA. He just assumed there would be another for November at DCA since there was one there last year and then the DL one this past January.

Thats funny, we were there this weekend also and had a similar experience.
One of the appointment people asked us where we owned I said Grand Californian, Saratoga springs and Aulani. He wouldnt believe me that I bought Grand Cal resale because "Disney buys back every Grand Californian contract."
When he asked how much I paid (140 per point about 18 months ago) he said, "no way, no way."
My guess is they're getting told a lot of stuff about resale that just isnt true.
To be fair, that's a great deal on the VGC contract 8-)

Last edited:
I need to get a blank Disney pin and write in "Thanks, but we bought resale".

I called Disney to get some clarification before I purchase resale. I was transparent with my intention. I was told “be careful out there,” like DVC resale is a huge scam or something!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter