• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crazy, please help???

whitney55

Earning My Ears
We are going to DL and now that I found your great board, I don't know for a family of 5, if it would be cheaper to do hotel, passes seperately or as a pkg. I don't think that we can do 1 hotel room unless it is a suite. Please help!

TIA

Whitney

Hi whitney, and welcome to the Disneyland board!

Actually, several off-site hotels allow five per room, and both the Disneyland and Paradise Pier hotels (on-site) offer rollaway beds and up to five in a room. I'm not yet sure about the Grand Californian. These are all just regular rooms, too, not suites.

One thing to consider...if you stay ON-SITE at one of the Disney hotels, either with a package or if you purchase your passes at the hotel, you will be able to purchase passes that allow you to "park hop" between Disneyland and the new California Adventure in a single day. This feature is ONLY available to guests of the Disney hotels. Off-site guests can purchase "flex" passes that allow admission to EITHER park in a day, but you can't hop between the two.

As to deciding on a package vs. room-only plus passes...the best way to decide is to price out both, see the features included in the package and if they appeal to your family, and decide from there. Good luck! :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

I have never done a package because it just doesn't make sense to (for us). Now I am planning a trip to WDW for Dec 2002 and have priced things out and packages all more expensive then thing purchased seperately. I am not sure what is included in a DL package, the best idea is to do the math and see which way is best for you.

CHrista

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter