Crazy direct incentives at BWV

If they had offered a big discount on okw or AKV I might have been interested. The most tempting is Aulani. 300 pts is only $131 a point direct. I might need to consider it if disney takes our contacts sent for rofr. At $131 I could create a contract to pass down for each of my children and allow them to have blue cards benefits. Wonder if this will drive down the price of Aulani Resale and I can get another contract well under$100 like my last one.

This is crazy to me. BW is being ROFRed at 140-150. 173 doesn't even seem worth the time to push the paperwork, even if the Blue Card is worthless. I don't understand what DVC is doing. Maybe they foreclosed some big contracts just now.

If they wanted to firesale something to get cash, seems like Aulani is the obvious choice.

Last edited:
If they have something like this in place when we visit April/May ill be seriously tempted! We have to wait until we get there as we are in the UK.

Though it will depend what GFV2 costs as well.

If they have something like this in place when we visit April/May ill be seriously tempted! We have to wait until we get there as we are in the UK.

If you really want to do this offer, there are other legal forms that can buy DVC, like LLCs or trusts.

Of course, all of these plans require planning for your death, which is complicated. There's no easy way to own foreign real estate, but if I were doing it, I'd do it as an LLC.

You can buy from UK it's just if you are financing through Disney then you can't.

200pts at BWV now discounted by $22pp from $210 to $188 for new members.
For members adding on at 200pts it's a crazy discount of $37pp bringing it down to $173pp. At this price it's $72pp cheaper than BCV.
If you split that into 75,75,50 you would not be far off resale values!

This offer is valid through Dec 15th.

I'm not saying you should go buy this but it's intriguing that DVD picked out that sold out resort for big incentives.
Shame I am not in any financially stable place to do this as I would JUMP at the oppurtunity.

And just like that, DW and I are looking at 125 pts at BWV. We were spoiled with getting BWV 3 times last year with pixie dust upgrades each time. Spreadsheet is built, Pros/Cons list created, Resale prices loaded, 20 yr projections with dues, etc., etc. We'll be 84 years old when the contract expires.

With our 160 pts at BLT, an extra 125 at BWV (great pts chart) should do us well into our 80's. Looking at taking this offer to ensure our UY and ease of transaction. Now DW & I should be able to get 1 BR's more often and do more resort/outside the bubble trips.

Yeah the numbers don't add up for a 'sound' financial move, but we're both 64 now, love Disney, and with recent market highs, have the $$ to splurge on. Now to figure out how to budget future MF's and Park Tics. All part of learning to spend the money you can't take with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter