Craft beer drinkers unite

Thanks for the quick replies! I don't drink Bud Light either, I was just more curious what the gap in prices were on draft beer on the ship. Does anyone know the initial exact price to purchase the beer mug? I'm thinking about purchasing the mug along with bringing a 6 pack of high ABV craft beers from Founders (KBS, Devil Dancer, etc.)

I just filled and measured one. It's 20 oz. with a 1/4" headspace at the top.

Those sneaky ... Its like the ever shrinking pint glass. There is a picture online from 2012 that shows the sign at a bar and it says 22oz. If you go to the Disney site and look at the pre-pay package, it says 21oz. With a decent head, we are probably looking at 18/19oz now. The 16oz pint though is probably more like 14oz. Still a good deal for the mug.

Those sneaky ... Its like the ever shrinking pint glass. There is a picture online from 2012 that shows the sign at a bar and it says 22oz. If you go to the Disney site and look at the pre-pay package, it says 21oz. With a decent head, we are probably looking at 18/19oz now. The 16oz pint though is probably more like 14oz. Still a good deal for the mug.

Honestly, I've never seen a draft beer on a Disney cruise with a decent head. It's usually pretty much headless. The bartenders' thinking is probably that you're getting more beer that way, but I prefer at least a small head on my beer for aroma purposes.

It's definitely a good deal if you cruise more than once and take your mug with you. :D

Does anyone have a picture of what the beer mug looks like? Also, are you allowed to bring a mug purchased on a previous cruise and use it? Or are you required to purchase a new mug on each cruise? Thanks!

Does anyone have a picture of what the beer mug looks like? Also, are you allowed to bring a mug purchased on a previous cruise and use it? Or are you required to purchase a new mug on each cruise? Thanks!

As noted earlier in the thread, you can bring your mug as many times as you want. I think my mug - or actually the newest mug in a long string of mugs replaced by bartenders on Disney cruises - is 5 cruises old.
23780159066_971a359a48_b.jpg

That picture looks like it was taken at Meridian, but they don't have any taps in there do they? :confused3

No, they do not. That was taken in the Cove Bar. The bartender in the background is Laura. You can't see behind the bar at Meridian unless you are behind the bar.

No, they do not. That was taken in the Cove Bar. The bartender in the background is Laura. You can't see behind the bar at Meridian unless you are behind the bar.

Ah the Cove. Forgot about that one. Do they have taps? If so, what did they have on tap there?

First cruise in October - but we're staying in Clearwater for a few nights beforehand. Can anyone recommend any decent alehouses in the Clearwater area?

Hmmm ... I guess I'm going to have to get my mug out. I enjoy trying different brews but they don't have to fit the strict interpretation of a craft brew. Disney seems to use the Florida Brewing Company beers throughout their parks and ships that sail from Florida. I'll be sailing out of Galveston so not sure what they'll have. We are making a stop in Key West though so I'll be looking for something onshore it seems.

On the item of large Brewers buying out craft brew places, it seems that Revolver Brewing was just sold to Miller/Coors. They say they are not changing a thing. That may be true here in Texas due to some strange laws where the brewer of a beer can't also be the distributor. Apparently the sale provides better access to the Miller/Coors distribution network.

I happen to favor the IPAs but I also like a good Belgian Triple. Afligem is a favorite. BJs has one that I like too. Not likely to find anything like that on the ship.

Ah the Cove. Forgot about that one. Do they have taps? If so, what did they have on tap there?

The Fantasy has taps. Last time I was on the Dream, their Cove Bar did not (which is really short sighted IMHO, since an outdoor adult area with a pool is where I would assume most beer would be consumed), but that may have changed during their dry dock. They had Heineken and something else that I didn't bother with. I don't remember because it wasn't really memorable. I love that bar, though. It's where I tend to spend my time during the day when I want to sit and relax.

Hmmm ... I guess I'm going to have to get my mug out. I enjoy trying different brews but they don't have to fit the strict interpretation of a craft brew. Disney seems to use the Florida Brewing Company beers throughout their parks and ships that sail from Florida. I'll be sailing out of Galveston so not sure what they'll have. We are making a stop in Key West though so I'll be looking for something onshore it seems.

Depending on how long you're in EYW, get over to The Porch. Best craft beer selection on The Rock. Stephanie, and the rest of the crew, are awesome. They open at 11. It's one of my favorite places of many, though if I only have a short time in town I'll typically be at Schooner Wharf listening to Michael McCloud and drinking Rum Runners.

http://www.theporchkw.com/
http://www.schoonerwharf.com/

If you have any desire to try something from a massive rum menu, go see Alan at The Rum Barrel on Front Street. Their collection is huge. Alan is also a beer lover.

http://www.rumbarrel.com/

This thread has been pretty helpful as a beer lover. One question that I hope you folks could help with. We will be taking a car service from Disney World to Port Canaveral, where is the biggest craft selection en route to stop at??

I didn't see this answered later in the thread. Anyone have a good place? My guess is Total Wine. We have one at home and you can create your own 6-pack which is nice. My dad isn't thrilled it's 30 minutes outside of the port (in Melbourne). If there's something similar to this closer to port, let me know! :)

I didn't see this answered later in the thread. Anyone have a good place? My guess is Total Wine. We have one at home and you can create your own 6-pack which is nice. My dad isn't thrilled it's 30 minutes outside of the port (in Melbourne). If there's something similar to this closer to port, let me know! :)

I think it's already been said somewhere in this thread, but if you don't want to veer off course, the Florida Brewing Company is right there at the port. You can go in there and do a create your own 6-pack for $8.99 I think it was. They have pretty good beer. It's right on A1A across from where Country Inn & Suites is located.

I think it's already been said somewhere in this thread, but if you don't want to veer off course, the Florida Brewing Company is right there at the port. You can go in there and do a create your own 6-pack for $8.99 I think it was. They have pretty good beer. It's right on A1A across from where Country Inn & Suites is located.

I must have missed it. I'll go back into the pages and look. I did find the Florida Beer Company and it's right across the street from my hotel. Perfect!

Anyone know if they have anything interesting on the cruises out of Barcelona?
Not sure what they'll have out of Barcelona... but was there last year and Spain has a great selection of Craft Beers with flavors very close to American Craft Styles. I also enjoyed BrewDog at various locations in Barcelona. I'm on an AUG.2017 5-day cruise out of Barcelona and really hoping they have something decent other than InBev water....

Does anyone know if they serve European beer on the Mediterranean / UK Cruises please? We are going from Dover to Barcelona

Cheers! :drinking::drinking1
I was on the Dover to Barcelona Cruise last summer... primarily could only find 3 varieties of Einstock (Iceland) beer available. The Pale they had was actually good an hoppy. They also have St.Stefanus available on the dinner menus, but can be ordered most other places on the ship if they run and get it for you.("not an inexpensive beer"). I kept asking every bar location on-ship about IPA's and everyone swore up and down none existed, then the last night of the cruise we were heading into the AFT-theater to watch a live play and out of the corner of my eye, I see a bottle of Kona IPA displayed in the snack-bar... (Kona is not 'true' craft, but I enjoyed the hoppiness)... definately check out EVERY location beer is sold on ship, and staff doesn't know what is available on-board. It pays to walk around and check.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter