Cracking down on shared accounts?

I have Dish, and I am lazy. I pay way too much but I can click one button and start watching. I get so tired of having to log on, and in some cases do a verification on my cell phone just to start the process, and I find all the streaming systems I have used have very clunky interfaces.

What streaming services have clunky interfaces?

Disney+.
I forgot, I still have a free Peacock account, but rarely use it.
tbh i don't find this to be the case, I find its more the device you're using for most of the issues with streaming, roku ultras make a big difference from say a fire stick, also a lot of built-in apps for older TVs are generally terrible.

tbh i don't find this to be the case, I find its more the device you're using for most of the issues with streaming, roku ultras make a big difference from say a fire stick, also a lot of built-in apps for older TVs are generally terrible.
Well, I have only had Disney+ for 3 months and it is their app that I downloaded when I signed up, so I would expect that to be the latest version. All I get are lists of shows under categories, no way to type in a show name and search.

The built in Roku on my Tv is horrible - it causes Netflix to crash all the time. I think because it overloads what little RAM it has with all the previews that run.
For the best streaming experience there’s the NVIDIA Shield.
I think most people then consider Apple TVs the next step down.
Then the Rokus, Fire Sticks, Chromecasts are all pretty similar. Better than what is built into the TVs.
I’ve considered getting an Apple TV next time there’s a good deal, but for sure want one with a LAN input to wire it directly to my modem vs using Wi-Fi.

Well, I have only had Disney+ for 3 months and it is their app that I downloaded when I signed up, so I would expect that to be the latest version. All I get are lists of shows under categories, no way to type in a show name and search.
what device? i do this all the time on roku and my tablet (pixel tablet) and if its different on every app it sucks I do know I have a relatively new TV vs my older ones it was night and day difference but I went full roku and never looked back.

Over a year ago netflix scrambled the password to my account.....

When I couldn't get into my account I called Netflix only to be told sorry, have canceled this account and you'll have sign up again.... Because my account tried to log ing like some ridiculous amount of times in a day....

Turns out, My wife had given the password to our Au pair, had I know this I would have changed it.....

A few months later, When he left it was not on good terms.

He was a Tic Tok influencer..... and gave it out to all of his followers...

So Rather than look into it as a fraud complaint Netflix, basically canceled my account, they only refunded my payment after I argued that point too....

Had I not requested the refund, they were going to keep my payment even though they canceled my account....

So now I watch You Tube...

what device? i do this all the time on roku and my tablet (pixel tablet) and if its different on every app it sucks I do know I have a relatively new TV vs my older ones it was night and day difference but I went full roku and never looked back.
Samsung smart TV. Not sure that matters since it was not on the TV, I had to download the app from Disney+ so I assume it is the latest version.

Samsung smart TV. Not sure that matters since it was not on the TV, I had to download the app from Disney+ so I assume it is the latest version.
hate to say this but developer here, most of the TVs have minimal memory/ram allocations, you could always try something like a roku vs a built in app (some tv applications even track what you watch) but I understand at the same time people don't want to shell out 60$+ for a better experience.

hate to say this but developer here, most of the TVs have minimal memory/ram allocations, you could always try something like a roku vs a built in app (some tv applications even track what you watch) but I understand at the same time people don't want to shell out 60$+ for a better experience.
Not a built in app. It is why Disney+ has you download.

The built in Roku on my Tv is horrible - it causes Netflix to crash all the time. I think because it overloads what little RAM it has with all the previews that run.
For the best streaming experience there’s the NVIDIA Shield.
I think most people then consider Apple TVs the next step down.
Then the Rokus, Fire Sticks, Chromecasts are all pretty similar. Better than what is built into the TVs.
I’ve considered getting an Apple TV next time there’s a good deal, but for sure want one with a LAN input to wire it directly to my modem vs using Wi-Fi.
I think that might have something to do with your TV manufacturer. I have a few different TV's with Roku built in in my house. The TCL is my living room is light years ahead of the Westinghouse in our guest room.

Not a built in app. It is why Disney+ has you download.
But are you running on the TV or a separate piece of hardware? His point is still valid if you're running it on the tv itself. Running programs was an afterthought, not the primary purpose of the hardware.

But are you running on the TV or a separate piece of hardware? His point is still valid if you're running it on the tv itself. Running programs was an afterthought, not the primary purpose of the hardware.
100% this samsung or whomever is limited by the amount of available memory period and the older it gets the less memory it has so some features are scrapped.

It is running on the TV or the Chromecast hooked to the TV. If there is a keyboard search option, I haven't found it. If I want to find Hocus Focus, I want to be able to search by title not scroll through icons of movies after guessing what category it is in. This is the interface I get.
photo.jpg

It is running on the TV or the Chromecast hooked to the TV. If there is a keyboard search option, I haven't found it. If I want to find Hocus Focus, I want to be able to search by title not scroll through icons of movies after guessing what category it is in. This is the interface I get.
View attachment 786621
Search is hidden, but it's there. Click down to the second row that says "Disney Pixar Marvel etc" When the box is around the word Disney, use the arrow on your remote to click to the left, you will then get a menu bar on the far left of your screen and the top option (the magnifier) is the search. It took me a bit to find it too when we first got Disney. I'm not sure why it won't click to the left from the top "featured" box.

Search is hidden, but it's there. Click down to the second row that says "Disney Pixar Marvel etc" When the box is around the word Disney, use the arrow on your remote to click to the left, you will then get a menu bar on the far left of your screen and the top option (the magnifier) is the search. It took me a bit to find it too when we first got Disney. I'm not sure why it won't click to the left from the top "featured" box.
THANK YOU !!!!

The reason the streaming services let you share to begin with was they were trying to gain and audience and market share. They have been operating in the red. Now that everyone is hooked, it's time for them to start making a profit. The party never lasts, that's why its good to get in at the beginning and have more free time!

I'm one of those that will turn on a service,watch my show then cancel. I heard (Clark Howard) that soon that feature will be turned off too. You'll only be able to subscribe for a certain time, not a month here and there. We will see...

The reason the streaming services let you share to begin with was they were trying to gain and audience and market share. They have been operating in the red. Now that everyone is hooked, it's time for them to start making a profit. The party never lasts, that's why its good to get in at the beginning and have more free time!

I'm one of those that will turn on a service,watch my show then cancel. I heard (Clark Howard) that soon that feature will be turned off too. You'll only be able to subscribe for a certain time, not a month here and there. We will see...
Is your definition of hooked, I’ll watch if it is free but I’m not paying for it?

If so I’m hooked on Netflix and Disney plus …..

But they day my family needs more then one account for either to go between our 3 houses and countless devices……

We’ll you did say the are operating in the red, maybe their is another reason

there isnt a 100% emoji but your right

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter