Crab Dip!

bethie

DIS Veteran
I had a yummy crab dip this past weekend. I found out that it had fresh crabmeat-duh, but it also had cream, mayo and cream cheese in it. I have search high and low for a similar recipe-nothing. Any good recipes out there. I am having a holiday get together and would love to serve some. Thanks!

I am sorry. It was hot-served in a chafing dish. They served it with crackers. I think I would love it on cocktail bread. Thanks for your help.

I make one and here is the recipe, although it sounds a little different:

Hot Crab Dip

One small can crabmeat, drained
One 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
One small onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
One tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
Few dashes Tabasco or other hot sauce

Mix all ingredients and spoon into a small ovenproof dish (a one-quart Corningware casserole is what I use). Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until the top is lightly browned. Serve with crackers.

Wow, I just happened to have this recipe sitting right here beside the computer!
Warm Chunky Crab Spread
1 250 g pkg light cream cheese
1/4 cup light mayo
1 clove garlic
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup white wine or 1/2 cup chicken broth
2 green onions chopped
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 pkg clover leaf crac delights-flake style
2 tbsp chopped parsley

Beat cream cheese, mayo, garlic, pepper until smooth.
Gradually beat in wine.
Stir in green onions and 2 tbsp of the the parmesan cheese and half of the crab.

Spread evenly in 8" pie plate, sprinkle with remaining crab and parmesan.

Bake at 375 20 mins or until bubbling.

Cool slightly, sprinkle with parsley.

Serve with crackers.
Makes 3 cups.

*Can prep 24 hours ahead and refridgerate. Bake uncovered at serving time, also great served chilled after baking.

Sounds yummy doesn't it!! Hope it was what you were looking for!

Grover in Winnipeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter