CR vs AKL

Pennstate6411

Mouseketeer
Have stayed several times at AKL and just love the theming and atmosphere. It truly feels like a home away from home. Upcoming trip next fall we decided with DD 4 at that time it would be good to try CR as bus rides can be longer than liked for AKL and its just a hop skip and jump away from the MK. I am worrying that we will be disappointed in CR. What are peoples thoughts on the 2 resorts?

Maybe you would like WL, since it's similar to AKL, and it's a relatively quick boat ride over to MK.

I like the CR, but in comparison to others, it's a little stark and cold, especially when you're used to warmth in theming at AKL.

AKL and CR are very different, though I enjoy both. As you mention, AKL is an immersive experience of its own. I, personally, could stay there and never go to any of the parks! CR, on the other hand, feels very much a part of the MK magic, IMHO. It's one of the original WDW resorts and I think the monorail going through the resort and the Mary Blair mural make it a very special place. The rooms are bigger at CR and are quite comfortable. They have two very good TS and a good QS and its fun to watch both the electric water pageant and the MK fireworks from the resort. The pool isn't great, IMHO, and could use a refurb. I think the layout is a bit odd with most of the action being on the fourth floor which does feel a bit like an airport terminal. It is very convenient to MK, which, as you mention, will be great for touring the parks with a little one. As Pea-n-Me mentioned, if you love AKL, you may also want to consider WL as the same design team did both resorts, so you may enjoy the feel of WL.

Have stayed several times at AKL and just love the theming and atmosphere. It truly feels like a home away from home. Upcoming trip next fall we decided with DD 4 at that time it would be good to try CR as bus rides can be longer than liked for AKL and its just a hop skip and jump away from the MK. I am worrying that we will be disappointed in CR. What are peoples thoughts on the 2 resorts?

Having stayed at both (and liking both), if you plan to visit the MK more on this trip, then you can't beat the location of CR. As the PP mentioned, the rooms are nice and big and there's nothing like watching the MK fireworks from this resort - it's really magical! As for the pools.... I actually enjoyed CR's quiet pool more than the pool at AKL. My kids also preferred the food options more at CR over AKL. Both lovely resorts - really just a matter of preference!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter