CR versus BLT

princessap

DIS Veteran
We loved our stay at the CR this year and looking forward to returning next year. We are considering BlT through points my inlaws have. From looking at view pics and pool pics I am not as excited to stay there as I was at the CR. Has anyone stayed at CR then BLT and can offer some insight?! I feel like the views are better from CR and the pool is bigger but would love to hear from people who have stayed at both.

Depending on where in the curve you are at BLT determines how direct of view you have of MK. For the most part, I think the view is better as I didn't feel like I had to turn my head the see MK like you do at CR. For the non-theme park views it all depends on where you are. Some give you a view back into the hotel while others have a good lake view that would compare to the CR lake view.

The real comparison between the two is really the room layouts. You'll have much more space at BLT unless staying in a studio over the CR rooms. A studio room is just slightly larger than the rooms at CR.

You will still spend a lot of time going to / thru the CR lobby areas to access the monorail and getting food, shop, etc..

Last edited:
Thank you. We would do a lake view and I loved our lakeview at CR. It was so peaceful and relaxing. I would hate to look at another building :(

We have stayed lake view at BLT twice and have had terrific views of the lake and pool. There are requests you can make (obviously not guaranteed) so you don't have a view of the building. Here is a thread with more than you could ever want to know regarding views at BLT:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/bl...t-update-of-post-1-1-22-2015.2257082/page-129

As far the pool, when staying at BLT, you can use both the BLT pool, as well as the CR pool so that shouldn't be a problem. You should be aware if you book on points, you do not receive daily housekeeping, if that is important to you.

If you want the lake view, I would recommend requesting a room at the center of the horseshoe. Gives you a direct view out to the lake. In addition, due the the shape of the building, you end up with a dedicated laundry room. Allows for all the dirty clothes as well as nice storage for your luggage. We've become spoiled with BLT since it opened and only stay at CR now when we are staying club level.

We were inside the C at BLT and it was noisy. Especially during the day when they had the pool parties at the BLT pool. And at night when the fireworks echoed and the water parade went by, It was noisy most of the time.

I had stayed at CR a few times before my one BLT stay. At BLT we were in a 2-bedroom with MK views so it was a move up, LOL.

I thought the pool at BLT was very nice, and a nice change from the packed/rowdy feeling you can get at the non-DVC resorts. (But that was just my experience. I am not a fan of the loud pool party atmosphere they have at the resorts these days) I also liked the grounds of the resort. Plus the walk to MK is even quicker!

I would stay there in a second, although I love CR too and agree that the BL views are relaxing and special. I guess the only negative is the lack of "action" at BLT. Good luck with your decision.

The walk is a little quicker to MK from BLT.
We've been at BLT since Sunday and it is fabulous! We've stayed CR club level and I prefer our 2 bd at BLT. The rooms are very nice. A 2 bd has 3 full baths which is a huge plus. Our room is located in the center of the horseshoe with a lake/pool view. As you posted, it is a relaxing view. Our room number is 7429- 2 rooms down the hall from the elevators. We take the elevator up 1 floor to the walkway which takes us to CR. Our home resort is BWV and we love the Epcot area. if I was buying today though and amenities was my top concern, I'd buy BLT in a heart beat.
PS- even though we're 2 rooms from the elevator, we have heard no noise.

Yes it is a quicker walk from BLT, due to it being closer to the MK. Our first stay was at CR and we loved it. We have since stayed at BLT several times and have enjoyed each stay and view. Once we had the outside of the horseshoe overlooking the lake and CR. With that view, when turning to the right you could see the Monorail enter CR. One time we were inside the horseshoe and had a great view of the lake with some of the building. But is was relaxing in the mornings and quiet. Last visit we got an even numbered room/lake view at the end of the horseshoe. This room overlooked the lake near MK. When turning to the left we could see the MK. this was a very quiet location most of the time. So as you can see you can get many different views. We loved each one we had. We are planning a trip for next year and my only request will be a high floor, as we love being up higher. Other than that, I will take whatever room the give me, as we have always had a good stay. Love this place and the walking over to the CR to shop/eat/monorail, is a wonderful benefit. Best of both worlds.

Enjoy your stay, whatever you choose! pixiedust:

You really can't go wrong with either. We just returned from BLT in a 2br villa. We has a standard view booked but ended up on the first floor with a view of Bay Lake and the Contemporary pool. What was even better was the fact that all we had to do was walk out of our patio to get to either pool or the Contemporary. The only time we used the Sky Bridge was when we got off the monorail. I really can't say anything negative about our stay at BLT.

I wouldn't say that the walk is any shorter from BLT than CR because you have to cross the parking lot unless your staying in the CR wing and then yes, BLT is closer. One big advantage of BLT over CR is that there are multiple elevator banks and they never seem busy like the ones at CR. Seemed we always had to wait or were stuffed on crowded elevators the last time we stayed at CR and that wasn't during a peak season.

We loved our stay at the CR this year and looking forward to returning next year. We are considering BlT through points my inlaws have. From looking at view pics and pool pics I am not as excited to stay there as I was at the CR. Has anyone stayed at CR then BLT and can offer some insight?! I feel like the views are better from CR and the pool is bigger but would love to hear from people who have stayed at both.

the pool at CR is definitely larger - plus CR has 2 pools - BLT has one - which is only a little bigger than CR smaller pool.

blt is quieter - CR has the monorail going thru it. It does have white noise - but some things you heard anyway.

love BLT - even the standard views have views of the MK. plus lake, actually standard view of the MK - are actually mk, tennis court, the maintenance area, and woods/beach - then the lake. the mk is more tomorrowland - space mountain - than the main street area.

the pool at BLT is not very deep at all - less than 4 feet - might just be 3 feet. the hot tub is fine. but like all the resorts - more children are in the hot tub than adults - many of the children don't seem to have a parent in sight.

both have an activities list - that you can do.

remember everything that CR has you can do even staying at BLT. the opposite is not true. the pool, hot tub, are fenced off and CR guests can't use them. now some of the activities they can do (I think)

would definitely go with points and stay at BLT - less your inlaws are charging you more than it is worth (check the rental DVC board for how much BLT points are renting for) or they are inviting themselves on this trip - then again no.

Thanks. My mil is actually coming with us again which is a great thing. She came this year and it was awesome having her with us. She just went with what we did and loved it all!!
We are hoping to use her timeshare (and no charge :)
But am worried blt is popular and will be gone before we can try at 7 months out as we are going Canadian march break.

Is it correct that we can still use the CR pool??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter