CR tower, or GF Outer Building?

Contemporary Tower, or Grand Floridian Outer Room?

• Contemporary

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Grand Floridian

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters

CapnJack0506

Earning My Ears
I'm coming into town for a conference and will be mixing a little business with lots of pleasure. I'm presented with a choice: Contemporary Tower (Lake View) or Grand Floridian Outer Buildings?

Help me make a decision! lol

Thanks all!

I almost always make a reservation for Chef Mickey's to have an excuse to spend a few hours at the Contemporary Resort.

I am booked for a conference and staying at GF outer building. Super exited about staying at GF. The Contemporary is just to sterile for me, I like a good theme!

Is it just you? The bathroom at the Contemporary is really nice (but lacks some storage space for multiple people), and the desk units at the Contemporary are also great for getting work done. The rooms are really spacious.
Also what type of theming do you like? Retro/futuristic, Victorian?

The rooms at CR are nice, but GF wins by a mile in terms of the whole resort. As PP's have mentioned, CR has a sterile, convention feel. I don't find it very comfortable and it doesn't really have much of a lobby. GF, on the other hand, is beautiful, has a gorgeous lobby where you can sit, hear live music, go to Mizner's lounge, etc. They also have more restaurants (if that matters to you), plus nightly turn down service in all the rooms.

I'm coming into town for a conference and will be mixing a little business with lots of pleasure. I'm presented with a choice: Contemporary Tower (Lake View) or Grand Floridian Outer Buildings?

Help me make a decision! lol

Thanks all!
Depending on how much control you have over your choice, I would maybe actually consider a Contemporary South Garden Wing room with a view of Bay Lake or the water bridge. It's very peaceful out there, and there's something about it that has always felt like untainted, pure Vacation Kingdom. Doesn't hurt that it's a lot cheaper than a Tower room, too.

Is the Poly not available for your stay? Because we stayed there for the first time this past September and it was heaven!

I love staying in the Contemporary tower rooms (we always stayed in the MK view rooms). You cannot beat the convenience of being able to walk back from the MK to your resort.

We’ve stayed at the GF twice in an outer building, and while the rooms were nice I would prefer not having to walk outside to get to a main building at a resort.

I personally hate that the buildings at the GF are not connected to the main building. Having to go outside for my room makes me feel like I'm at a value not a deluxe. I love the Contemporary and would definitely stay there over GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter