CPAP concerns

ekmom

Mouseketeer
We will be on the Fantasy next month and my husband is a CPAP user. If you're standing at the foot of the bed facing the head, he always sleeps on the left side of the bed. I'm seeing that there is no power outlet on that side of the bed. Is this true?

He always travels with a basic extension cord because we've encountered hotel rooms with no outlets on his side. But I've heard that extension cords aren't allowed. Is this true?

If both of these are true, how is he supposed to plug in his CPAP??

There's usually a plug under the overhanging part of the bedside table on each side of the bed. Since there are rooms facing both ways, you can't tell in advance if the left side of the bed will be next to the restroom or the sofa in a verandah room. There are other configurations with the bed facing the door also.

In any case, it is outside extension cords that are prohibited. DCL will provide an approved extension cord, and distilled water, for the machine. You can note both requests in the "Special requests" or call them on the phone.

Regarding extension cords: We’ve had it two different ways on different cruises. Sometimes, Guest Services supplies an extension cord from their inventory, subject to a ($50!) deposit that is returned at the end of the cruise when the cord is returned. On other cruises, our user-supplied cord has been checked by a crew member (presumably one who is either an electrician or other knowledgeable person) and approved for our use. In either case, we’ve had an approved extension cord available in the stateroom.

The extension cord supplied by GS was nearly identical to the one we carried onbaord.

As others have shared, Disney has provided me with distilled water (in my room) and an extension cord which I needed to go to Guest Services to request. The last time we sailed was 2017 so things may have changed re: leaving extension cord in room.

My wife and both have CPAP machines. I use a Resmed Airsense machine and the power cord will reach from the bedside table across to a plug on the desk. Not ideal but got the job done.

My husband is a CPAP user. We have gotten used to sleeping on whatever side of the bed that is needed. No extension cord needed.
When at disney DVC resorts, my DH sleeps on which ever side is easier to get out on. Meaning I get the wall side.

But now that he is a CPAP user, I guess I should add an extension cord to the packing list. I have no idea what the set up is with resorts.

My husband is a CPAP user. We have gotten used to sleeping on whatever side of the bed that is needed. No extension cord needed.
I have used my cpap machine on all five ships. Didnt need an extension cord, just picked the side outlet that fit Could be either side.

I was on the Fantasy in 2016. Slept on left side (when standing in front of bed) because that was where the outlet was. I prefer the other side with my CPAP but no outlet there.

You can fill out the form before you get on the ship and request water and power for the machine. https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/special-services-information-form/
Thanks so much for this!

I was trying to access the special requests option from the website and that page hasn't been working for days. I was able to access it via the app but it only had stuff related to dietary requests, special celebrations, and kids needs. I didn't know the form you showed me existed.

To those who recommended just sleeping on the side with the outlet, we had to do that once on a European trip before DH started bringing an extension cord and we both slept horribly :sad:. I guess after 40 years it's hard to adjust 🤷‍♀️:)

Thanks everybody! We're excited for our first cruise

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter